need some advice, swap options, or keep my B18B

dlo253

This isn't just another "what do you think I should get" thread... I'm new to the import scene so I would like a little direction. Here's my options. I have a b17 head. Can get a b16 shortblock for $100. Should I build that? Or an lsv with the b17 head and b18a block...or just replace my rings and rod bearings and stick with the ls? Might be a dumb question but any help would be awesome. Thanks

SnD3

All sound ideas... I would go with the LS/V swap... If you have a little patience, which I don't, You can get some decent numbers apparently! lol

I would go with the B16 bottom end and bolt the head you have on it.
A B17 head is a PR3 head casting, same as the B16 and Type R.
Unless you plan to build up the LS to be capable to handle the higher revs of the Vtec head safely I'd go with the b16.

hgocasca

level 77 troll
Or buy a b20z block and slap that head on it, my buddy did that on his db2, retarded fast, I'm buying it off him soon, jealousy is a sin ha ha

Or buy a b20z block and slap that head on it, my buddy did that on his db2, retarded fast, I'm buying it off him soon, jealousy is a sin ha ha
Your buddy should be slapped for putting a b20Vtec in a DB2.

:wak:

OP, I just realized that you have a DB2...You should stick with the B17.

hgocasca

level 77 troll
Brokentalon_ normally I find your blunt comments entertainment, but he doesn't deserve to be slapped, he is rather wise and has seen/done it all, that setup is in there while he builds the b17 block

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
paden loves the b17 as do most of the OGs here, and we think that motor should be stock and not molested ever

Brokentalon_ normally I find your blunt comments entertainment, but he doesn't deserve to be slapped, he is rather wise and has seen/done it all, that setup is in there while he builds the b17 block
Well that's different...you didn't mention that...:oops:
If he's just running that B20V while he builds his B17, I retract my previous statement. He's good in my book.
:thumbs up

hgocasca

level 77 troll
Just saying, it's a dope setup, temporary til the b17 block is finished, but dope, I'm fairly new here and don't wanna rustle up any waves, I was merely making a suggestion like the. kind sir asked for, mad respect to all the OG's here *bows with arms out and on knees*

dlo253

paden loves the b17 as do most of the OGs here, and we think that motor should be stock and not molested ever
Not much is more true than that. Sadly mine got molested before I could save it. So it has a huge chunk missing from the block: (