need some help,, broken bolt off of valve cover

iRazor

so I overtourqued 2 of my valve cover bolts and they snapped... where can I get them decently quickly, my local hardware store doesnt sell them and advanced auto says they only carry chevy & ford? which is hard to believe but where I live only rednecks shop there, but my valve cover is off waiting to be put back on..

joserivera

Craigslist best bet thats where i got mine when i snapped mine

iRazor

:( sadly only 1 integra in a junkyard and its 37miles away from me... unless any other valve cover sizes will fit..

badshadowej

cameron
Hey ya the same thing happen to me all i did was go to lowes and get the same kind of bolt that fits that hole and i think i even took out the washer on it, but i just tighten it down and never leaked out again and ran fine, trust me there are easy cheap way fixes out there just very very very few, and few u should use.

NemesisCBR

Boredest Member
Thats a half assed fix as its not the proper bolt type at all. Depending on which one he snapped, there are 2 different kinds on the valve cover if its a gsr and only one for the ls. While it could work its not expensive to buy the stud from the dealer. I replaced two that i snapped off due to overtorqueing.