Need Some Help Guys, B20 swap bad idle

Rx7driver4Life

OK my integra is a 1997 LS with a B20 in it car has been running fine except for the occasional issue that it wont idle or will idle really low almost to point of shut of. It would do it then would run fine for many days even weeks before doing it again but to day it wont stop doing it. I am trying to diagnose the problem but im no honda expert.

What i have seen is if i disconnect the Fuel Pressure Regulator it will stay on. Its not the FPR because if i plug the vacuum nipple on the Intake manifold it starts to buck and shut off. Im uploading videos as we speak. Also if i try to hold the RPM's at lets say 2K rpm it will shoot up about 500 rpm and smooth out then drop back to 2K rpm without pedal pressure change. Its like if the power is coming and going.

I am at a lost.

JGvtec

Your dealing with a problem that has to the FITV or the IACV. The IACV might need some cleaning or the FITV might need to be tightened down. Maybe even both just to make sure.

ixcocoyxi

RS owner
my guess would also be the IACV. my sister's car was doing that during idle as well. got it replaced and worked like new.

Rx7driver4Life

Is it possible that unplugging the FPR can give you a boost in power. I left the FPR un hooked so i could go pick up my girl and the car feels like it has another engine. It can easily chirp second gear. when i got back i replugged it and the SOB would idle normally i think it is the IACV getting stuck when hot.

Spawne32

Shut up baby, I know it!
well when you unplug the FPR it goes back to the atmospheric pressure rating of 43.5psi, so in turn you get more fuel at idle

dregonomics

did you ever solve this problem? i am having similar problems.i have a 1990 acura integra LS with a 97 JDM b20 and i get low idle.car takes a while to turn on..feels weak and sluggish when i full throttle.the rpms are wierd. when i have it in gear and im driving i hit the clutch and go to neutral or when ever i let go fo the gas when not in gear the rpm drops the the first line like its going to die and then jumps to the 2end or 3erd or it will stay just above the first line..any help would be greatly appreciated.

thenoxus1

Quick-Spool Racing LLC
Have you cleaned the iacv? Also have you done a tune up of plugs, wires and cap and rotor recently?

dregonomics

i have not cleaned the iacv yet. i did a tune up like about 1 or 2 weeks ago.spark plugs oil spark plug wire. you think it might be the distributor?

72Spitfire

The plug in you hand looks like the VSS sensor plug but your holding it awful high. My loom doesnt give me a much room to pull it for a pic. Did you ever get your problem fixed? Your my B20 test guy as my setup is going to be almost exactly like your is.

dregonomics

Well i cleaned the iav re checked my timing did some valve adjustment. ....not sure what else i should look for....any help please.