Need some help

Evul9

I am really thinking about doing a autocross event for the first time on Sunday, but i think my car is louder than their 92 db limit... i have a ebay "4.5" inch, but it really looks like a 4.4 inch one, bought a 4.5 inch silencer, no way it was going to fit. I know that i should get a normal exhaust, but don't have the $$ right now, so, do you think if i get a 4 inch one it will work if i hammer it on one side so it will have contact with the exhaust...? Does a would the silencer make it quiet enough? Also, i have a muffler place right down the road, the best in my area, supposedly, do you think they could make one that would fit or make the car quieter somehow? Thanks guys

XjoEnX

A muffler shop could help you out with it. I wouldn't risk hitting a silencer with a hammer to make it fit. It'll leak air and make an annoying whistling sound.

Last edited:

JustinMcGee1

I like Hondas
I bet your neighbors love you... kidding. I would take it to them and just talk to them about what they could do. Hammer it in if you want to sound like a dog toy;)

Evul9

Thanks guys, I actually haven't managed to get on here. I have a friend who can hook me up with a oem Integra exhaust for $170, good deal? And how much would that affect me going from a 4.5 inch? Thanks guys

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

Evul9

Yeah the 4.5 eBay one is, the oem is, well, the oem

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

Muckman

Not a M0derator
I doubt they even measure the exhaust db so I think all of this is for nothing. I also doubt you are above 92db with just an axle back. On the other hand the ebay axle back is doing nothing for power, its just annoying for everyone else.