need some tech help

chevygirl78

I obviously am new to the site and fairly new to hondas/Acuras. I have been working on a 98 integra ls 1.8L. This is my customers car, and i installed a blox intake, hedder, down pipe, high flow cat, aluminum radiator, and over sized valves. I sent the car out of here and for a week it was gone, My customer said it was running great, and now you have to rev it up to 2k before it moves, it wont allow you to shift with out using the shift lock, you hit the brakes and the car shuts off, and the tach quits working. It threw 5 codes, i cleared then and only two came back, One is the ATCHK code, and the other is the ELD voltage high code. I need to know what to tell my customer.

NemesisCBR

Boredest Member
Sounds like a lot of problems. Could be unrelated, coincidental or one caused another cus it sounds to me like something related to the trans. Unfortunately to diagnose you have to check list and go through it. What i hate about cel codes sometimes is theyre not always indicative of the problem. They will tell u one thing but it really points to something else.

Its probably necessary to see what the manual says about each code and related stuff to check or search online for the info.

chevygirl78

Sounds like a lot of problems. Could be unrelated, coincidental or one caused another cus it sounds to me like something related to the trans. Unfortunately to diagnose you have to check list and go through it. What i hate about cel codes sometimes is theyre not always indicative of the problem. They will tell u one thing but it really points to something else.

Its probably necessary to see what the manual says about each code and related stuff to check or search online for the info.
from what i have gathered from a few honda guys i know, honda automatic transmissions are garbage in the first place and cant handle upgraded hp, so i dont know if the upgraded parts are the cause of this and in the cause of events the transmission basically said F you. Now though, i look at this car get mad and walk away.