Need To Make Trailarms Stronger

DIRTCARRACER

I Keep Ripping Out The Spindales In The Rear On The Track. I Figured The Drifters Would Have Some Ideas Or Know Some Place To Get What I Need. Another Thing, Can A Person Tell If A Integra Is A Grs By Its Steering Wheel. My Nephew Has 2 1992 Integras. And At The Dirt Track Someone Said They Both Have A Grs Steering Wheels. They Were Both Bought As Junk Cars And Had No Badging. They Both Are Fast And Beat An Integra With A V-tech. So If Anyone Can Help Us Out With Some Kind Information. We Will Appreicated. Thanks.

j13

Keep It Clean
You keep braking spindles? In the rear? Do you mean trailing arm?

Maybe not crashing would help lol

Also, I don't think there are any drifters on here since 99% of the owners on here have a front wheel drive car...

mirrorimg

You can tell whether a car is a VTEC car or not by its VIN number. The first few character represent the chassis code. Also, a stock VTEC B-series (B18C1,B18C5) motor will outrun any non-VTEC B series, unless internally modified. Dont believe that guys garbage.

What exactly do you keep doing to it? Do you have pictures of the damage? Is it that you are destroying the bushings, or actually snapping the bolts off?

DIRTCARRACER

Its Pulling The 4 Small Bolts, And The Center Bolt Thru The Metal Of The Trailing Arm. And We Are Not Crashing. I've Ripped Out The Lower Control Arm. The Metal Is Just To Thin For What We Put Them Thru. As Far As Pulling The V-tec Out Of The Corner On The Straight Way. We Haven't Done Anything To Car. If Anything Was Done To It. It Must Have Been Done By The Previous Owner. They Had Carbon Fiber Fenders And Doors On The Car Before I Got It. He Kept Them. They Also Butcher The Back Of The Car To Put As Far As I Can Tell Some Kind Of Square Or Rectangle Tail Lights In It. But He Never Finished It. As Far As Drifting, You Have Enough Speed In The Corner The Back Of The Car Will Slide As Long As The Front Is Planting. Its Tough Thou. I Will Put Up Some Pics As Soon As I Figure Out How.

Mildsquare

From the bay to LV
You can tell whether a car is a VTEC car or not by its VIN number. The first few character represent the chassis code. Also, a stock VTEC B-series (B18C1,B18C5) motor will outrun any non-VTEC B series, unless internally modified. Dont believe that guys garbage.

What exactly do you keep doing to it? Do you have pictures of the damage? Is it that you are destroying the bushings, or actually snapping the bolts off?
you forgot the exception of the 88-90 B16A,those have trouble outrunning non Vtec B series, lol.

as for ripping stuff out, I'd say get a welder and make some reinforcements, integra's from 90-01 have weak subframes, this excludes the type-r though as it has much better built sub frame due to the bracing upgraded suspension and bracing it comes from when compared to the lower end models.

sport compact car did a budget build integra and they did a sub frame reinforcement, http://www.modified.com/tech/sccp_0811_project_budget_acura_integra/5zigen_usa_gnplus.html

not sure which page it's on but it's in there somewhere.

mirrorimg

you forgot the exception of the 88-90 B16A,those have trouble outrunning non Vtec B series, lol.
;) I left out the B16 for that reason. Plus, why would anyone get rid of .2L of displacement? Absurd if you ask me. May work in a lighter civic, but not so much in an Integra.

Your huge offset may be putting extra stress on the trailing arm, in hard corners. I agree that you probably need some reinforcement, though I wouldnt know what to reinforce.

DIRTCARRACER

Thanks For Help. Reinforcing Was What I'm Going To Do, I Was Hoping There Was Pieces Already Made, That I Could Buy And Weild In Place. I'll Just Have To Make My Own Pieces.