Need urgent help

Ben303

ok so a few days ago my car died suddenly and lost power right in the parking lot while driving home. and wouldent restart. I hapened to be low on gas so i figured it was that. i pushed it into my parking spot. then i got about a 1.50$ in a gas can and put it in and it started so i was like ok i turned it off quickly and figured it would get me to the gas station tomorow. the next day it wouldnt start again. i tryed puting in more gas. it has about a 1/4 tank. it is turning over. and the starter works. the battery, plug wires and distributer cap were new before this happened. i put in new plugs and rotor after. the old plugs were trashed and it sounded like it wanted to start better after i put in new plugs but still wont. i tested my wires with a litght gun and they were firing right. i even took off my intake and sprayed starter fluid in there. still didnt start. and i was trying different timing positions. and nothing is working. all i can think is that maybe the exhaust or cat is clogged? could that cause this.

if you have an idea of what could cause this let me know. i am going to try to put on these different aftermarket headers and see if it starts with just them on it. idk help if u can

TheNailGuy

Yes im a NailTech
have you tried new battery? or tighting the clamps to the battery. wires from the battery to the fuse box sometimes that screw can loosen up and makes the car not start or just no power.

you getting power when you turn on the car?

is it turning any at all?

Assassinator35

I'm pretty sure you fried the fuel pump.
Running on low to no gas can fry it.

Good Luck!
Well you might just your furl pump to see if its operating correctly,
if so check if your getting any fuel to your fuel rail
if so check your injectors b/c if you run out of gas to many times your injectors will dry up and keep your car from starting.

And when i had my old DA, it wouldn't start start if it didn't have enough oil so check that too.

Ben303

oil is good the power does turn on and it cranks almost sounds like its guna start but wont. reply to assassinator how can i check to see if my feul pump is working other than just listening to it prime. also how can i test my feul rail and injectors?. and if the problem was the feul not getting through to the rail or injectors, wouldnt it start up for a second with starter fluid? because it didnt. its becoming a mystery. i am thinkng that its my ingitor coil under my distributer cap may be the problem but a new one is 60$ so id like to try the cheap fix first.. i will check my cable terminals. but i dont think thats it.

if you have any ideas what could be the cause of my symptoms. read my all my posts and diagnose it. let me know what you think. thanks

SnD3

Check your fuel filter... Usually, if a car wants to start, the fuel filter will allow enough gas to enter the injectors, and give it an almost start. Basically, the bottom of your tank is a filthy place, don't worry, all of ours look the same, and doesn't matter what car you look at! The gas we put in our car carries residues, which settle at the bottom of the tank, which, when run low, will fill up the fuel filter, and cause you headaches in the long run! Go ahead, and pull it off, I bet when you tap it against a hard surface, that crystal like granules will reside on that surface... This is the contamination of the tank, giving you your issues. It's a relatively common occurrence, and a relatively cheap fix! Hope you get your car back on the road, asap!