Neons footwell wiring question

Adriannyo

Thanks for all your input.

I have some wiring done already, just soldering the diodes (it's a pain working with a solder -__-) and I should be done.

stewy485

FlyingCaesar
I was wondering if you could use the door jamb button as the switch for this instead of putting in a button i think this would be a cleaner install

rexpepper123

anyone in the st paul/minneapolis area willing to come and put this in in lazy and suck at wiring ill pay 50 dollars and a 12 pack lol

suspendedHatch

Legalize Illegal Aliens
your only gonna use one relay?
Why? Do you want to add unnecessary relays?

The only reason for the relay is to reverse the polarity of the parking light output. If he didn't want them to work with the door trigger, you could wire it differently and avoid the relay altogether.

I was wondering if you could use the door jamb button as the switch for this instead of putting in a button i think this would be a cleaner install
It is as you say. The switch is used as an override. You can actually delete the switch and wire the diodes directly to chassis ground if you want.

someone should make this a kit and get hella rich from it. js
You'd sell less than a handful but spend countless hours on people who end up flaking out on payment. Trust me, I've been down that route. It's actually more rewarding just to tell you guys how to do it yourselves.

I can think of a way to make it 100% plug n play. Instead of soldering into the door trigger wire, I'd make an interconnect harness to plug into the door button using a male and female quick disconnect.

rexpepper123

id love for it to come on when the door is open i just suck at wiring and dont know if i can deal with 5 hrs of frustration lol well not until the snow melts anyways

Adriannyo

How do I set up my neons? I cut off my rocker switch? Which black wire is ground? I'm guessing the yellow is the 12v?

stewy485

FlyingCaesar
I was wondering if you could also throw in a dimmer switch on this just in case its to bright. I would like to keep the set up the same as it is now but allow me to dim the light to my liking.