New '94 Integra GSR owner

RGuzman225

Hello! I have just purchased my new (new to me) 1994 Acura Integra GS-R sedan. I have already fallen in love with this car. Bought for $950. Has 291,xxx miles but still turns on like a beauty. Needs shocks as the current shocks are really squeaky and have started tugging the steering wheel, can't even go over a crack in the street without hearing a bad squeak. Also has a burning smell due to tires wearing out faster. Just had the oil changed with Mobil1 Extended Performance oil, and I have just finished degreasing the engine. (As there is a small oil leak in an unknown place, friend tells the its the VTEC solenoid gasket. Anyway, just wanted to let y'all know. Will be posting pictures soon. I was thinking of some mods I wanted to put on.
I just have a few questions, if I need new shocks. Will coilovers fix it? I want to lower my car by an inch, and I saw some raceland coils for $370. Can't beat the $370 price. My question is will these replace the shocks and springs? Or will additional parts need to be purchased.
Anyway i'm glad to be part of the 94 Integra GSR club!:D

Also forgot to mention that it's all stock! No aftermarket parts inside or out. :D

Russell D

Nice pick up!

I can't say for sure without looking, but your oil leak is probably your cam seal, it's a common problem on B-series. It's a cheap and easy fix; there's a board member here that sells machined aluminum seals which are better than the factory plastic ones.

As far as the shocks go, as long as they are a coilover strut it will replace the shock, but over the years of modifying cars, I've noticed with suspension parts, you get what you pay for... I've had $100 coilovers sleeves before and after a month they were tossed in the garbage, my mr2 has over $1k into the suspension, and it's only a shock and spring setup, and I'm glad I didn't cheap out. Rides good enough to daily drive but has a 1.75" drop.

Last edited: