New Clutch, New Fly, what else...

Inuyash274

Self Taught Noob
I've always had the problem with my teggy that shifting was pure hell. It was something I've always dreaded. Few months ago (around 20,000 miles ago) I put a new clutch in my car. That solved the problem for a little while. Shifting was slightly better. But, the car is still jerky. I just thought "I don't know how to drive stick!" But I can drive ANY car other than mine and shift it flawlessly. So that, is obviously not the problem.

Now I've swapped the tranny. That solved the problem for a bit. But now my gears grind and slip out. So, my clutch is bad.

As of saturday. My car is in pieces. My tranny is out, clutch is out and I was looking at my flywheel. The teeth are all chopped up, it's rusted and I swear to god I can see the flywheel is warped in 3 different directions.

SO I'm ordering a new flywheel! Stock.

My question is, is a new flywheel and a new clutch, new starter, and a newly used tranny, going to solve my shifting problems?

96LSteg

Jemel
You should also change the trans fluid. I did honda MTF and penzoil synchromesh. The clutch going out shouldnt cause grinding. So thats something else for you to look into as well.

Inuyash274

Self Taught Noob
Yeah oil is already out. other wise it would be all over the floor when I was taking it out, lol. Well, it grinded on the stock tranny, and the new one I put in. I don't know what else would cause that to happen. I mean, that's what allows it to go from gear to gear smoothly. So by my thinking replacing the fly and the clutch would fix the grind and leave you with a smooth shift?

Muckman

Not a M0derator
Jerky could be a number of things, broken springs on clutch disc, broken motor mounts etc. Some cars you need to feather the clutch longer idk.

The flywheel teeth get turned by the starter so if they are chewed up a bit that's usually bc someone tried to start a running engine. But if the starter still engages and starts the engine then it doesnt matter what the teeth look like. Id say you probably wasted your money there.

As for popping out of gear that internal not external clutch/flywheel.
http://honda-tech.com/showthread.php?t=2920930

96LSteg

Jemel
I wasted my money where?
On the flywheel and clutch. You should have taken your flywheel to be resurfaced and like Muckman and I said grinding gears dont come from a bad clutch. You have an internal issue that needs to be addressed.

Nick_C78

Why buy a stock flywheel? If you need a flywheel go lighter. Popping out of gear isnt clutch, unless its only popping out because it never fully went in gear, which could be clutch. I say flywheel, clutch, pressure plate, honda mtf and youll be fine. Run it till the tranny dies, its 21 years old, which means it can legally drink.

hgocasca

level 77 troll
It's cuz your car doesn't have enough low. Slam it and you'll be fine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk