New DC4 In Town.

Chrisma

Hey everyone I'm Chris & I've been lurking around here reading all your ancient posts for a bit and decided to get active in the community. I'm 18 years old, fresh out of High School. I reside in the So-Cal area. I just recently landed a job (Maybe three weeks.) as an Oil Tech with Valvoline while I take a break from school. Worked a seasonal job at a halloween store (10+ hour shifts, 7 days a week.) from mid September to mid November and saved up the money to get my 94 Integra RS all on my own without a penny from mommy or daddy. :drive:

Details:
94 Integra RS, Automatic Trans
Purchased completely stock, besides some aftermarket headers. (Not sure what brand.)
180k Miles
Car runs perfectly fine. Only problem is the motor mounts need to be changed and causes a vibration throughout the car at idle. I suspect this is causing my trans to go out since it shifts really hard at times.
Ohh and the passenger window won't roll down. :???:

Items thrown in during purchase:
Oil change paperwork for the last 10 years, GSR Exhaust, Stock intake manifold, 1 dollar I found in the ashtray. :woot:

All I've done myself is add a sony stereo and the Type R Lip + Type R Wing. (Black Friday why not purchase at JDMafiaMotorsports.)

Car was purchased for 2000$ let me know if it was a good find in your eyes.

My bat compartment.
:laugh:

Feel free to ask any questions you have. :)

PioneerLS

What's with the two tone paint? Looks great other wise.
The auto trans in these car's are junk, it will always shift hard. My last integra started slipping at around 160k iirc, and it still acts the same way at 186k. My current teg shifted hard at 100k. They all do, so I wouldn't worry about it unless it stops going into a gear!

Chrisma

What's with the two tone paint? Looks great other wise.
The auto trans in these car's are junk, it will always shift hard. My last integra started slipping at around 160k iirc, and it still acts the same way at 186k. My current teg shifted hard at 100k. They all do, so I wouldn't worry about it unless it stops going into a gear!
The previous owner did that dumb flat black for whatever reason, it was done purposely. The wing and lip both came just black plastic. Should all be color matched soon.

rgw_teg

I got a db7 completely stock @ 150xxx miles for 1200, I bargained with the guy you could of probably done the same. All in all man it's a teggy and it's a clean ass ride:) Also how much did you get the lip for? Also do you plan on converting to manual?

MiketheDyke

My job is clean toilets
Looks like a good start man. And just so you know, it has 98-01 bumpers as well as the steering wheel.

Chrisma

I got a db7 completely stock @ 150xxx miles for 1200, I bargained with the guy you could of probably done the same. All in all man it's a teggy and it's a clean ass ride:) Also how much did you get the lip for? Also do you plan on converting to manual?
Where are you from? Cause in Los Angeles anything acura and honda go for like 2500+ when they've been beat to shit & (improperly ) modded out the gameeee. I got the lip for 25$ and the wing for 50$ in a black friday deal. I'm thinking about it because I think the bad motormounts ruined the tranny since it's the one right next to it that's pretty much crumbling to pieces.

Chrisma

Looks like a good start man. And just so you know, it has 98-01 bumpers as well as the steering wheel.
Yeah my first thread was asking about that. Originally got a 94 lip & had to go exchange it. Felt like a nub. Lol

rgw_teg

Im from El Monte bro I got the car in East LA completely stock, I added a cai and an exhaust to it now. The only problem mine had when I got it was idle problems but I fixed it with a bit of help from Eric the Caar Guy lol .... what part of socal you from?

Chrisma

Im from El Monte bro I got the car in East LA completely stock, I added a cai and an exhaust to it now. The only problem mine had when I got it was idle problems but I fixed it with a bit of help from Eric the Caar Guy lol .... what part of socal you from?
Pics?
I'm from East LA but moved to Alhambra a few years ago.