new driver. i need help with some rattling noise.

Nikcz

So i just turned 16 and got my first car which is a 2-door, 5-speed, 1988 acura integra. it runs nice and everything until you go over little bumps. then it sounds like it's going to break down. the original owner who we had purchased it from claims it's the suspension and shocks. but my mother says if it was the shocks or suspension it would make the same noise when it's stationary, but it does not make the same noise. She has a hunch it could be the front axel.
So the problem is that when it's going and running. drive over a bump, it sounds like it's going to break down. A buddy said it sounds like theres a piece of metal just shaking but he hasn't heard anything like it.

i've realized i didn't describe it very well but i don't know how to describe it. it anyone has any clue as to what it could be. please let me know

Nikcz

the front mainly. like it is all the shocks still but mainly the front is where it's bad

Nikcz

my mom has a friend who knew some stuff about cars and we just showed him it. he claims the shocks are shot and it's missing bushings.

jdmjim

nothing from nowhere
look for stuff rubbing, shiny areas by the rubber bushings

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
tunersports sells the bushings. PM Jay Jay our admin and tell him what you need for what car and stuff and he can see what he can do for you

Nikcz

tunersports sells the bushings. PM Jay Jay our admin and tell him what you need for what car and stuff and he can see what he can do for you
would he be able to possibly get me a discount? cause that'd be awesome. and would be nice to be able to drive it around while my parents are out of town for a week with no worries of me being stranded on the road.