New engine or not?

F3D3X

Hey guys i am new the Integra forums i got myself a 00 Integra LS with 125000 and she runs fine but i realized every time i give her an oil change i am missing a quart and a 1/2. So i did some research and found to do a compression test and leakdown test. I decided to a compression test and my results were not pleasing I understand a B18B1 should be pushing between 135 - 199 PSI well here are my results:
Cylinder 1: 130
Cylinder 2: 90
Cylinder 3: 132
Cylinder 4: 125

Now after these results i added a little oil and redid the test the results were different so i concluded its my piston rings. I still have not done a leakdown test. My questions are, should i trash this engine? and how long will the engine last without the piston ring replacement?

Thanks

P.S. i am thinking of getting a GSR engine and getting it machined to handle turbo but nothing fancy i am just looking for a nice turbo setup as a daily driver. I do not know what i would need to get (parts) in order to make this setup happen, everyone has different opinions on building turbo engines so i would like some input. Thanks

suspendedHatch

Legalize Illegal Aliens
Since B18Bs are so cheap it would make more sense to just get a shortblock and swap it rather than rebuild your existing engine.

You don't need to do anything to a GSR engine. Just get an Edelbrock turbo kit. Then start saving up for a better engine management system like the AEM EMS because the one that comes with the kit is pretty crappy.

You'd be just fine in fact getting a replacement B18B and turbocharging it.

If you're going to do anything to the engine just get some ARP headstuds. It's not until you get into some serious boost that you need to upgrade an engine internally. Most people wreck their engines are poor tunes. Hacked ECU's, ebay chips, basemaps. Get some real engine management and a real tune and you'll be much better off.

j13

Keep It Clean
You have 3 options..

Rebuilt
Replace
Upgrade

Sell the one you have now and put money on top and get a fresh rebuilt B18B1.

Pay to have the one you have now rebuilt.

Go VTEC, sell your engine, save more and go with a GSR B18C1.

Which do YOU REALLY want to do?

j13

Keep It Clean
I would go VTEC :thumbs up

j13

Keep It Clean
You can do an LS-VTEC or just go with a B18C1 engine.

LS-VTEC= LS Block with a GSR or B16 Head.

I personaly don't like the thought of a B1 bottom head spinning high with a VTEC head..people say its best of both worlds with the B1's torque with VTEC..

I don't know about your erea but around me, I can come up on a cheap GSR engine swap on Craigslist..might wanna see what people have on your local Craigslist.