new engine small problemo

xxjdmtegxx

noobie
okay so i just did a engine swap in my 91 integra ls. i swapped it out for a 92 ls. the car starts and idles fine no valve tick or anything like that. when i press the throttle in about 20% it has no throttle response and all i can hear is the intake sucking in, once i press it a little bit more than that it proceeds to throttle up, i looked into the TB and the little valve thingy (lol) opens and closes fine, the cable is pulling fine and doesnt get stuck anywhere, have new spark plugs and wires, do not have a misfire or firing order incorrect, also sometimes not all the time when im going to slow down and granny shift the car would shut off, help please, anymore info needed lmk oh and i also messed with the position of the dizzy to see if that would help it any and it did but only a tiny bit. before it was a range from 20-25% now its only 20%, found a clogged vaccum line but that was for the brake booster.

tsu878

"Supersonic Vtec fun"
okay so i just did a engine swap in my 91 integra ls. i swapped it out for a 92 ls. the car starts and idles fine no valve tick or anything like that. when i press the throttle in about 20% it has no throttle response and all i can hear is the intake sucking in, once i press it a little bit more than that it proceeds to throttle up, i looked into the TB and the little valve thingy (lol) opens and closes fine, the cable is pulling fine and doesnt get stuck anywhere, have new spark plugs and wires, do not have a misfire or firing order incorrect, also sometimes not all the time when im going to slow down and granny shift the car would shut off, help please, anymore info needed lmk oh and i also messed with the position of the dizzy to see if that would help it any and it did but only a tiny bit. before it was a range from 20-25% now its only 20%, found a clogged vaccum line but that was for the brake booster.
sounds like a timing problem. check the marks, and see if they all line up. might have skipped a tooth

xxjdmtegxx

noobie
sounds like a timing problem. check the marks, and see if they all line up. might have skipped a tooth
will double check. just curious if it were timing wouldnt the car run sloppy? ie rather slow and heavily unresponsive? the timing on my old truck was advanced 2 teeth and it was slow as fuck and idled as if it had bad ass cams.

tsu878

"Supersonic Vtec fun"
yup that happens to some cars. dohc and sohc act diff when timings off.