New exhaust

stevo.kelley

ninja by night
hey i need some help. i need to pass emissions in a month and i neeed to replace my catback syste.

any recommendations on what type of system to look at?

loldoode

you probably need to change your catalyst or your o2 sensor. have your car checked up with an obd sensor to see what part you have that are flawed.

stevo.kelley

ninja by night
im from up in loudoun county.

and im looking around online and these listings for catback systems say there for racing only?

stevo.kelley

ninja by night
loldoode: my cats are alright, the problems that the pipes have a bunch of holes throughout the whole catback system

stevo.kelley

ninja by night
well if they use the wand and put it in the tailpipe for the emissions test and my pipes have a bunch of holes in them ill fail emissions, right?

stevo.kelley

ninja by night
right now i just have the stock exhaust. ill work on getting pictures up within the next couple of minutes.

the pipes are just all rusted with lots of holes

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
well if they use the wand and put it in the tailpipe for the emissions test and my pipes have a bunch of holes in them ill fail emissions, right?
The catback is just piping and a muffler. It has zero effect on emissions. It may cause you to fail the inspection part, depending on how strict they are in your area.

The only thing in the exhaust system that has effects on emissions are the catalytic converter and the primary o2 sensor.

stevo.kelley

ninja by night
dc2: so the holes in the piping will only cause me to fail inspection?

either way i need to replace the catback, and im looking to upgrade and help performance.