New gsr build, powerband and shift point questions.

gsr_boarder

wonderin if any gsr geniuses know what rpm range gives for the most power when pushing it....i just got a bore out with a rebuild and i was wondering if i shift at 8100 if im just hurtin my speed cuz i've heard if you shift a little lower vtec is still kicking in the higher gears so your faster? just wanna know if anyone has some advice...got a 96 gsr with master engine kit rebuild and bore out with greddy headers and catback exhaust and AEM cai....

TegSox

Super Duper Moderator
Ideally, in a perfect powerband, you want to shift when you hit peak HP, then as your shifting, have the rpm's land at peak TQ (and for a B18C, never drop below the VTEC point).
There's no set rpm range to make the fastest GSR, as long as all your engine mods and your gearing are working together in the same range.

Moved to Engine Tech.

TegSox

Super Duper Moderator
That's a huge "powerband". When doing mods, you want to narrow it down a bit more than that. Your rpm's don't drop by 4000 when you shift, do they? :)

slow_99integra

Stinkin & Drinkin
gsr_boarder said:
wonderin if any gsr geniuses know what rpm range gives for the most power when pushing it....i just got a bore out with a rebuild and i was wondering if i shift at 8100 if im just hurtin my speed cuz i've heard if you shift a little lower vtec is still kicking in the higher gears so your faster? just wanna know if anyone has some advice...got a 96 gsr with master engine kit rebuild and bore out with greddy headers and catback exhaust and AEM cai....
you got a "master engine kit rebuild" and bored to what?? with greddy headerS?? if all this was done, you should have got it dyno'd and then you could have told for yourself, the perfect shift points.

stock compression??
engine management??
Bore size??

teg9five

a.k.a. crabs!
you just let someone rip into your engine without knowing exactly what theyre doing? :smackself

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
peak power on a a stock gsr is at 7600 rpm so it will be fastest if you shift at redline.

gsr_boarder

teg9five said:
you just let someone rip into your engine without knowing exactly what theyre doing? :smackself
na...my dads doin the transactin so i haven't had much contact i've been tryin to find out from the place what exactly they did instead of just trustin my dad saying they "fixed" it....so im tryin to find out if i got forged internals and what not and how big the bore was cuz all i know as of now is that they bought a "master engine kit" for $1620 and rebuilt the engine