New guy and his DA. (Regulars please chime in)

DAdrian

That one guy
So lets just start here i suppose. I have been on forums plenty before. And i have read the rules and regs here, but to error is human so if i do anything out of line just let me know :thumbup:

Ive been floating around on here for a bit reading up and doing my homework:lol: And all you guys seem really cool and laid back. So, Whats up guys. Im Adrian :hi:

I just recently bought my Integra (1991 GS 5sp mostly unmolested) as a project after realizing that i have a better chance contacting the president than sourcing good parts for my CRX. And i am somewhat ashamed to announce that when i got my Integra i was over come with the "kid in a candy store" effect. And the Mexican kid i bought it from had what i like to call "selective speech" he could explain the good s*** but when i started asking questions he would just give me a dumb ass look and shaked his head. Really all my fault but lesson learned. Let me till you this thing was SUPER SLAMMED!! seriously riding on bump stops(cut springs). but one good is that the interior is freaking cherry! and it only has 145,XXX But it does have a salvaged title. So i am torn. What should i do?

1.) Keep it, Sell CRX, DD it, and find a new project
2.) Part it out, Find new project.
3.) Slap it back together, Sell as is
4.) DD CRX, Mildly build Integra

Any help or input is appreciated.

Sammich

you bought it w/ a salvage title, knowingly...why dont you keep it, you had a reason to buy it

DAdrian

That one guy
Is it f***ed up, or just really ugly?
It actually looked pretty damn good considering the price. But if it seems to good to be true, it probably has frame damage.

You can see the front end kinda in the background. its all there and in okay condition. 93 bumper and EGay one piece knock offs.

you bought it w/ a salvage title, knowingly...why dont you keep it, you had a reason to buy it
The DOHC hypnotized me. SOHC 91 hp 1.5l Rex FTL.

i really do like tegs though. just dont know if i am in over my head.

DAdrian

That one guy
Oh and if your gonna cut springs you think he would at least try to get about the same length.

Ugh....

Charly[horse]

Name = John
I say keep the teg and the crx. I have some springs that I would let go for dirt cheap. They are just the stock ones though. Jus DD the CRX and really work on the teg.

DAdrian

That one guy
Charly[horse];1110289 said:
I say keep the teg and the crx. I have some springs that I would let go for dirt cheap. They are just the stock ones though. Jus DD the CRX and really work on the teg.
Thats what my heart tells me to do.I am just feelin kinda overwhelmed ya know?
Thank you, but no thank you on the springs. I actually just slapped these on for now so i could at least roll it around and work on it.

Yes. Save that teg.
thinkin bout it :roll:

DAdrian

That one guy
Cool guys, thanks for all the input. So i'm going to build up the Integra and DD the CRX.
I'm gonna be going for a clean and simple usdm with some jdm accents. I live about 45 minutes from Tahoe and i want to be able to cruise up the winding roads and want it to handle like shes on rails. Any suspension suggestions? With that kinda damage up front i think it would be pointless to make it a race car. B16 swap in the rex is kinda simple too. if that's the route i wanted to go down in the future. but for now i just want a stiff daily cruiser.
Ill start a build thread soon. So keep an eye out.

DAdrian

That one guy
Okay guys i hit a snag with my Integra. The wiring harness for the passenger headlights, radiator fan, O2 sensor, blinker, etc, etc, is cut in a couple places. Should i try to re-wire it or just buy a new one?

Charly[horse]

Name = John
Eh yuck! Prolly try picking up a new one. Lol its funny that this thread popped back up now that I am kind of going through a similarish situation XD