New guy, new project

Jenkins

So, just got a first car. It's a 1990 Integra 3 door hatchback LS. I just put on some Xenon HID lights, some decent Pioneer speakers, An amazing $260 Pioneer deck. There was some intake already on the car when I bought it. It's white with the original paint, so it has no clear coat, the paint is cracking bad, it has horrible cancer and rust. The car sat for a long time in California, where there was alot of humidity, explaining the cancer. It only sat because it was missing the front CV axle. That, too, was replaced. I bought the car as a project car, but it has over 200k on it so I would have to do atleast an engine rebuild. I would like to make the car lime green, but I don't know if I want to reregister the car. It cost me $150 to register it because of some bridge tax thing. I also would like to put an EVO Carbon Fiber hood on it, an R34 body kit, possibly a b16b engine(I believe it's smaller than the b18a1) or a b18c1, A Carbon Fiber spoiler, some 16' rims, coilovers, just so many possibilities. What do you guys think?

P.S. My car is leaking a little bit of power steering fluid, but the level doesn't seem to be going down. I am 100% sure it's the power steering fluid, too. Anyone have any ideas?

xFamousTeggy17x

nice stock teggy....it looks to be in good shape and not alot of rust...really good for a project...for the powersteerling fluid i would replace the hose because it was sitting and i would guess it would be leaking cause the hoses do tend to crack after time. now the mods time...it all depends what you are trying to get out of it. I have a 91 that im doing a boosted gsr swap right now and im paying alot of money to have it done. so it depends on how much you want to spend. i would look into ls vtec if your not trying to spend that much on the motor and have it rebuilt and change the timing belt and water pump while your at it for sure cause they tend to go bad alot in our cars. for a body kit they are sweet just dont get a cheap one cause they crack really easy i would just get some coilovers to lower your car and put a front lip on it to give it a sweet look without spending as much and risk hitting a pot hole and damaging the whole body kit. thats my advise....

Jenkins

I thought it was the hose at first, but the leak is more towards the front right. I'm thinking it might be from the tranny. I would like to atleast put a supercharger in, due to there not being alot of room for a turbo. The b16b IS smaller than the b18a1, correct? The B16B packs 190 HP standard.

Also, the timing belt was just changed like 200 miles ago, I don't think it's time for a new one yet, but I'll check the water pump.

mirrorimg

B16 is a 1.6 liter motor. B18 is a 1.8 liter motor.

Good luck getting a b16b, its the EK9 engine, and will have to be bought from an online seller or from someone you know selling the JDM engine.

Would be better to stick with the 1.8L though, in a B18C1, or B18C5.

xFamousTeggy17x

what do yo mean by "extras" just wondering cause if you go with a B18 you will have room to do any extras such as turbo's and cams and any of the mods you can dream of

Jenkins

I'll have to post a pic. My hood is packed. I don't even think I could relocate my battery.

mirrorimg

The engine isnt smaller. It just has less displacement. If you want a "Smaller" engine, get a D15 or D16. Be ready to lose a ton of power.

Jenkins

Alright, have some pics coming in...

Rust or cancer above the rear right well.

My rear ghetto stealth

Rust or cancer above the rear left well.

Horrible rust under me left sideskirt

How bad the rust is on the left sideskirt

My horrible under the hood shot angle 1

angle 2

My Dash

My new windshield, just installed today (explains the tape at the top)

My odo

Jenkins

Oh, this one is for the actual project, the other thread is introducing myself and my car to the club. I just happen to have the same pics on both. lol