new guy really wanting an Integra!

KLDC2

hey all! I'm a 17 year old from central MA who's recently really gotten into cars especially Integras... right now I drive a beat up old Nissan Altima that my dad got for $1600 but it's pretty close to dying altogether so I really want an Integra.. I figured this would be the best place to start learning about Hondas and such so I would have a clue what I'm doing when I finally get one! so I hope to start learning soon and if anyone around central MA is interested in selling within the next couple months then please let me know! I'm looking for a 94+, lower miles, hatchback, 5 speed and well taken care of.. preferably a GSR but anything under 5-6k will do!! I love driving and taking care of my car so it would be going into good hands! hope to have a good stay here guys, thanks :D

KLDC2

When buying, try not to get an abused one.
thanks for the advice.. I spend a ton of time on craigslist and for every nice car I see there are 10 that are just plain awful. I'm pretty OCD about keeping my belongings in check and would never consider anything that seems like it wasn't taken care of.. unfortunately with New England weather and the roads around here it's almost unavoidable :(

98vsmteg

It can be fairly difficult to find these cars in good shape.. Your a young guy give yourself a good platform find one stock unmolested something you an learn on and enjoy without having to wrench every half a second. Within your price range you'll find something decent ... Don't just settle on some "hot rod" you know what I mean

rexpepper123

yeah what 98vsmteg said dont get something thats modded. you dont know whos done the work and whats all been done right or wrong and its most likely been beat on. you joined a perfect site to learn from. lots of friend people and tons of info. i know what you mean about the weather being a bitch on cars. it took me almost a year to find something in good shape in my price range. everything here is so rusted from winter salt. just takes time. good luck and welcome to the site!

SiDream

Welcome :)

Also, check nearby on CL/EBay, I looked around in a 600 mile radius, and found what I was looking for, like mine, the paint job isn't something to be proud of, and the interior could use some tlc, but under the hood is immaculate, and the car came with 15yrs of service records. So aside from lacking of 4yrs of records, I think I picked up something really nice. Just be patient, and it will pay off.

k20wagon

Welcome! Just look around and don't rush it. And I say try to find a 4 door gsr, those are sex.