New Guy

khamoud

96 LS
so my parents pretty much ordered me to get my own car since i have a job cuz they tired of my using theres. and i start car hunting and while going through Acura models i see an integra, for the first time ever lol, i live in windsor, ON so theres pretty much only like 5 here. An i just fell in love with the car, been looking out for good deals and found a few that am checking out on the weekend. Excited to join the integra owners club :D.

And just wanted to say thnx for this website and the forums cuz helped me out alot in learning as much as i can within the past few weeks.

I am going to check this one out on the weekend for sure, just wanted to know some opinions. i know its pink wipers but thats an easy fix.

Details of the ad: 5 speed manual transmission – good condition – certified 6 months ago – emissions passed 04/08 – AC, new tires, new brakes (pads and rotors), new battery – stereo set up for MP3 – 177,000 kms – purrs like a kitten – must see! All maintenance records and receipts - $3000 OBO

Last edited:

98_gsr

niice! a blank canvas! get some security first i dont know if you have heard but theres quite the problem with theft with these cars welcome!

khamoud

96 LS
niice! a blank canvas! get some security first i dont know if you have heard but theres quite the problem with theft with these cars welcome!
thnx ya exactly, wanted to get a car thats all stock and i can personalize it, and with lower mileage it will last a long time with me and i will park in inside the garage every night after wat u said lol.

red.line

Looks good and welcome! As mentioned, since you're looking at Tegs, grab a security system for it asap.
Go with a good 2-way unit so you know what's going on with your car (when you're within range).
I know that the 3rd gens are the most notorious for thefts, but I'm going to make sure I have the alarm/starter from my 240SX swapped over to my 2nd gen before I start driving it.

khamoud

96 LS
how much would that cost? ya i will for sure be getting that, i would kill myself if my first car got stolen.

red.line

how much would that cost? ya i will for sure be getting that, i would kill myself if my first car got stolen.
Depends what features you want really, if you just want an alarm or an alarm and remote starter combo unit.
Plus options like keyless entry if your car has power locks, etc, etc.
But to have it professionally installed (including cost of unit) you'd be looking at anywhere up to around 500 bucks for a good unit (Compustar or something comparable.)

khamoud

96 LS
Depends what features you want really, if you just want an alarm or an alarm and remote starter combo unit.
Plus options like keyless entry if your car has power locks, etc, etc.
But to have it professionally installed (including cost of unit) you'd be looking at anywhere up to around 500 bucks for a good unit (Compustar or something comparable.)
alright thnx for the info, ill do some research once i get the car and anyways ill be locking it up in the garage wheneva am not driving, so should be safe for now, that will definitely be the first thing i do. well anyways its late and thnx for the replies. Good night

Ballerin1

My dads truck got broken into in broad daylight at a baseball game in fresno ca and they stole everythinggggg, so now we have an alarm in both the yukons.
My teg has a two way compustar alarm.
My moms has a one way viper alarm.
Even if ur gonna lock it up at night, people can break into it at anytime not just at night. So get an alarm asap.

khamoud

96 LS
My dads truck got broken into in broad daylight at a baseball game in fresno ca and they stole everythinggggg, so now we have an alarm in both the yukons.
My teg has a two way compustar alarm.
My moms has a one way viper alarm.
Even if ur gonna lock it up at night, people can break into it at anytime not just at night. So get an alarm asap.
Wow u guys are just making me plain paranoid lol:shock:. ill start looking for one right now, i honestly know nothing about alarm systems so i got some studying to do but thnx for the heads up.

jdmjim

nothing from nowhere
looks good man, i guess thats about 110,000 miles? thats great. i would just delete the rear pink wiper. lol

khamoud

96 LS
looks good man, i guess thats about 110,000 miles? thats great. i would just delete the rear pink wiper. lol
ya thnx, its one of the options i have, i am still looking and calling people on a daily basis lol, theres another one am gonna check out on the weekend too.

1996 Special Edition, am guessing its a LS or GS fogot to ask the guy. Red on black leather. 190km but alot cheaper than the other one. Dont got pictures but the guy said the bodies in pretty good condition.