New have some questions???

zmaxprobe

I am going to be buying a GSR Integra and I am going to go all motor with it. I was wondering if anyone knew of any sites i could go to to read up on some good set ups for an all motor application or some good threads in this site. Or something i am new to the Acura and Honda world so i could use some help please. As well as some dyno plots where can i find dynos of specific products to compare where i am going to get the most power out of each add on to my car. My out look for the car is an all motor set up with a lip kit lowered on some rims. Any suggestions or ideas or leads to anything would help. Yes i did search a little but i am at work so the searching is at a minimum right now.

latindc2

U going to get different opions. Going all motor is spending LOTS of money. Do u have any HP or TQ goals? Check out the articles on Team-Integra.net 8)

zmaxprobe

I would like to put down at least over 220 whp but im not sure if that is a reasonable or easy goal for the GSR motor but I am going to look at the websites you guys gave me and do some research. I would like to have close to 175 lbs of toruqe as well im not sure if that is reasonable but please keep the feed back comin all is welcome thanks.

DownShift96GSR

You can easily reach the 220whp mark with some bolt ons, a new valvetrain, a hondata chip, a nice PnP and a nice healthy shot of nitrous...........thats one way of looking at it.

Prez

he said all motor...being no type of forced induction or nitrous oxide injections...i think you should look into a better engine for all motor...B20/VTEC or B18C5 if you have money...oh yeah going N/A will have to need more money than just slappin on the good ol' turbo on a B18C1 or LS and getting that amount of HP...and more torque...

zmaxprobe

Yes i would like to stay away from NOS why should i get a different motor? Why are the other two motors better than the normal b18c ,that is a GSR correct. Also what does PnP stand for. Also i would just like to beat and suprise people and beat GT mustangs what is that looking like in the parts department.

DownShift96GSR

PnP stands for port and polish..........The GSR engine is not a bad engine for all motor. Any motor will have problems if not properly maintained. The B18C5 is the Type R motor, or you can look at is as a GSR on roids straight from the factory. The B20/VTEC would be a good all motor set up. It consists of the CRV bottom end and a B16 head. Lots of lowend with a good high end, but you can't rev as high. Also the B18C5 was made for high performance/high reving NA right from the factory.

Basically I've seen an ALL MOTOR GSR here where I live run 13s.

zmaxprobe

13s is essentially what i am looking for out of the car and to acheive that what do u think i have to do to a gsr to get that kind of time. plus how much would a b18c5r or a b20vtec cost. Plus do i run into smog problems and do both of these motors bolt in directly.

DownShift96GSR

The B18C5 will drop right in. There will be more work with the B20/VTEC. IMO, stay with the GSR motor. As for what you need to do to reach those numbers, REBUILD. Drop a Type R crank in with some Crower rods, or rods of your choice. The GSR compression is a 10:1 so you might wanna raise it some. Don't go any higher than a 11.5:1 compression or you'll have to run on race gas all the time. All new valvetrain. Personally, I'd go with Skunk2 but you could also do TODA. With Skunk2 get the high compression valves, retainers, valve springs, STAGE 3 camshafts. When you get your PnP, you'll wanna get a 5 angle valve job while your at it and port match your shit. Skunk2 IM and I would go with a 70mm Spoon TB, but your choice. AEM V2 intake, a 4-2-1 header, and any brand of exhaust really. I'd go a DC 4-2-1 header and Skunk2 exhaust or Hayame. Also, I forgot to mention, when you're getting your head PnP, you might wanna think about getting your block sleeved, make it stronger. Fuel system is next, then you could throw pulleys on there. Lastly, HONDATA S200 ECU chip will make your power jump and work really well. Don't forget that having all this power is good, but if you can't throw it to the ground, its worthless. Build a good suspension with Z rated tires. If there's anything I'm missing, someone else will fill you in.

This is all something I would do. There are many different ways and brands you could use. I choose Skunk2 cuz I know Skunk2. TODA i hear is good, but I don't really know how good. They have on their website an all motor Honda running 9.99 quarter mile. That could be with a stripped car. I'm guessing your going with daily driver, like most of us here. Last, do research before you buy and start building. Know what you're buying and know what you're doing. Don't do it cuz someone says to. Knowledge is everything.

PS. 500th post. YEAH!!!! :banana:

zmaxprobe

DownShift96GSR said:
The B18C5 will drop right in. There will be more work with the B20/VTEC. IMO, stay with the GSR motor. As for what you need to do to reach those numbers, REBUILD. Drop a Type R crank in with some Crower rods, or rods of your choice. The GSR compression is a 10:1 so you might wanna raise it some. Don't go any higher than a 11.5:1 compression or you'll have to run on race gas all the time. All new valvetrain. Personally, I'd go with Skunk2 but you could also do TODA. With Skunk2 get the high compression valves, retainers, valve springs, STAGE 3 camshafts. When you get your PnP, you'll wanna get a 5 angle valve job while your at it and port match your shit. Skunk2 IM and I would go with a 70mm Spoon TB, but your choice. AEM V2 intake, a 4-2-1 header, and any brand of exhaust really. I'd go a DC 4-2-1 header and Skunk2 exhaust or Hayame. Also, I forgot to mention, when you're getting your head PnP, you might wanna think about getting your block sleeved, make it stronger. Fuel system is next, then you could throw pulleys on there. Lastly, HONDATA S200 ECU chip will make your power jump and work really well. Don't forget that having all this power is good, but if you can't throw it to the ground, its worthless. Build a good suspension with Z rated tires. If there's anything I'm missing, someone else will fill you in.

This is all something I would do. There are many different ways and brands you could use. I choose Skunk2 cuz I know Skunk2. TODA i hear is good, but I don't really know how good. They have on their website an all motor Honda running 9.99 quarter mile. That could be with a stripped car. I'm guessing your going with daily driver, like most of us here. Last, do research before you buy and start building. Know what you're buying and know what you're doing. Don't do it cuz someone says to. Knowledge is everything.

PS. 500th post. YEAH!!!! :banana:
Ok thank you very much for the info i really did not want to go away from the GSR. I have a couple of sites im going to be looking at today while im at work and tommorow. thanks and all other info would help me and other newbies.