New here, any advice?

91integraracer

Im lovin it
Hey I'm new to clubintegra.com. Actually I'm new to the whole Integra thing. Any advice on which parts to use? I just want to get intake, headers, exhaust, and make it handle like its on rails for now. Are there any other relatively cheap ways to get more power out of it? o yea, I just bought a 1991 Integra GS. Will post pics soon. Any advice will be appreciated.

end005

get a vtec box. it fits in your glove compartment fairly well. it'll also give you an instantaneous 200 whp boost!!!

just playing dude. i/h/e is a good start. when it comes to enhancing the performance of a car, "cheap" is never a word associated with power. Perhaps invest in a cold air intake system-AEM is nice. with the ls motor you have, its real torqy so get a nice header. a lot of people would suggest dc cause its affordable, but I would suggest a tri-y (search for hytech/rage header) header. For exhaust, I would suggest an HKS. Its very subtle and not annoyingly loud and very rare.

I'm not entirely sure what you mean by making your car "handle like its on rails" but I'm a fan of full ground control coilovers. kyb agx 4 way adjustables are nice as well. I use it on my 98 integra. rides like stock.

if you plan on wanting more power and have more $$, if you choose the NA route, it'll be very very spendy. most will suggest forced induction (turbo/supercharger)-but that's also costly depending on the amount of power you want.

for now though, i/h/e is good enough since you say you're still new to this whole integra thing. its good to slowly progress. that's my take on it. gl!
________
Bbw busty

Last edited:

Mister_Perkins

Oil Field Worker
Are you talking about strut bars as far as handling like rails? theres a lot of different strut bars available.. I am currently using Matrix strut bars. They were $45.00 a for the front and $45.00 for the back I believe. You can also buy C Pillar bars, and lower front / rear tie bars as well for extra stiffness.

91integraracer

Im lovin it
the engine i have right now isnt vtech and i want vtech. like i said, im new to the whole acura honda thing(just got out of a mazda protege)so is there a way i can make my engine vtech?? by handle like its on rails i meant i want this to handle really well. my protege had some suspension parts and that thing handled sooo good. i want the same with this one. where can i find lips and those jdm license plates?? cant u do something to the ecus to make them faster?? thanks alot. will get pics up once i get off of work. its a red hatch. just like mcdonalds, im lovin it

91integraracer

Im lovin it
do u have pics of the rear strut bar?? o yea and i wanna put honda signs on it. can i just take the h off of any car in the parking lot and itll fit or do i have to get a specific one?? thanks guys, i thought the mazda people were helpful..

Mister_Perkins

Oil Field Worker
^ lol .. that last part made me laugh. I'de upgrade your suspension and get strut / tie bars if you want it to handle really good. As far as JDM Liscense plates go, are you looking for a real one or are you looking for a look alike? Look alikes are going to be cheaper than the real deal, but Its all on what your looking for. There are a lot of lips available.. I personally like the Type-R

Lip.

Mister_Perkins

Oil Field Worker
can i just take the h off of any car in the parking lot and itll fit
thats not a great idea.. i'm pretty sure thats illegal :lol ... But Yeah.. you probably could buy H Emblems from any junk yard civic, accord, etc.. and put them on the integra..

As far as the rear strut bar.. ask and you shall receive:

Last edited:

91integraracer

Im lovin it
damn that strut bar looks awesome. this is also my first hatch. i think that is illegal too, i was just joking tho. where can i find that lip?? and i guess a fake license plate cuz im not rich. ill have pics posted up of my new baby(the car) when i get out of work. damn, im looking up parts for it and there is sooo many parts i dont know where to begin. with my mazda i had like 2 cai 1sri 2(i think i may be overshooting this one) headers. but here is like WHOA kind of a little overload. what all did u do to ur integra???

G3GirL

UUUHHHH-OOOOHHHHHHH...!!!
i wanna put honda signs on it. can i just take the h off of any car in the parking lot and itll fit or do i have to get a specific one??
sure, if you don't mind getting shot every now and then.

we don't take kindly to thieves here.

end005

what all did u do to ur integra???
to each their own. check this link out and hopefully you can get a better idea of what's out there.

http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread/1146547

in terms of mods, the possibilities are endless. take that same concept you had with your mazda about enhancing performance, handeling and apply it. a car is a car. they rely on the same componenents. different cars, yes but same ideas/concept.
________
Ferrari f1-2000 specifications

Last edited:

Mister_Perkins

Oil Field Worker
damn that strut bar looks awesome. this is also my first hatch. i think that is illegal too, i was just joking tho. where can i find that lip?? and i guess a fake license plate cuz im not rich. ill have pics posted up of my new baby(the car) when i get out of work. damn, im looking up parts for it and there is sooo many parts i dont know where to begin. with my mazda i had like 2 cai 1sri 2(i think i may be overshooting this one) headers. but here is like WHOA kind of a little overload. what all did u do to ur integra???
You can find the lip at

http://www.streetstyler.com/IntegraTypeRLipSpoilers.htm

its a little pricey, but its ABS and wont break like a fiberglass lip would.

theres also rear lips available on that website as well.

The License plate you can find on ebay at:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/90-93-ACURA-INTEGRA-DA-JDM-JAPANESE-LICENSE-PLATE-TAG_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ50451QQihZ015QQitemZ250206419601QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

As far as what all I did to my integra.. I've swapped the engine B18a1 with a B18c1 i got off of a friend for cheap. I've also got skunk 2 springs (havent installed yet b/c i havent bought my camber kit or lower shocks). I have front / rear strut bars, 1 piece JDM headlights, amber turn signals, cleared the pink out of my taillights, replaced the OEM tape deck with a 97 integra cd player, added an Ebay steering wheel with boss hub adapter, added a push button starter b/c my ignition switch broke and I was cheap.. lol, installed a Datum1 front tow hook. I also de-winged my integra. Thats about it so far..