New here.. got some questions!

98sierra

whats up guys! been lurkin the forum for a day or so and thought id join. I just recently bought a 95 integra B18 with t3/t4 setup pushin about 10psi. Looks like a great forum and lots of good info!

now, i have a couple questions im sure you guys can help me answer.
First off is there anyway to tell if something has been tuned? i bought this car from south carolina and it ran and idled great, a little slow to spool but nothing to serious. when i drove it 500 miles home to alabama it now idles a little rough and doesnt have as much power. My question is, does the geographical location (sea level,temp.,pressure..ect..) have a greater effect on a boosted car rather than a N/A car?
Also! is there a better turbo you guys recomend besides the t3/t4? this is going to be a "daily driver" as in i want to be able to drive it where ever when ever but still have lots of power but have other means of transportation.
Also, my air filter is attatched straight to the turbo, is it more efficient or better to add a little pipe toit or does it really matter?

THANKS!

Last edited:

hidenplanvew

Better turbo SC6262, I would get it re tuned because of all the above changes, and temps and 91 isnt the same all through the country. Just re tune it, a t3 should spool pretty good and whats late to you? On my Hx35 I didnt spool till like 5500, Whats the A/r on the exhaust side?

hidenplanvew

Oh you would know if you didnt have a tune cause at 10lbs the motor would have a hole in it or cooked pistons, I would do a compression test to make sure you dint screw up a piston ring... Did you drive it back? Did you boost it hard when you got it?