New here. Just got a '96 LS Special Edition.

dark3630

I registered here back in 2010 when my girlfriend bought an old Integra from a junkyard. I needed help with the radio and got some help with that, as well as leaning a lot from just poking around here. I fell in love with her car, lol. So when the time came to get rid of my Accord I decided to get an Integra and happened upon this 1996 Integra LS SE. One owner, mostly driven on the interstate with ~195k miles. Completely stock (except aftermarket radio) and regularly maintained.

I don't have any concrete plans for it, but just as well since I'm a little tight on cash since buying it. I didn't expect to buy a car for another few months, but I couldn't pass this up. I plan on taking care of this baby and keeping it for a long time :D . I'm also a little new to a manual on the road (driven off-road a couple times, but that's it). I'm catching on fast though and having fun with it.

dark3630

Thanks everyone :p I'm really happy with it. One of the first things I'd like to do is have a security/alarm system put in. My first vehicle had one when I got it and I loved it, but the next two vehicles were pretty crappy so I never bothered. Anyone have any suggestions or preferences as for what route to go for this and what to get?

Last edited:

Teggy64

Got vtec?
Viper is a good brand to go with. It also doesn't hurt to go with relocating your battery, hood latch and or a kill switch.

Ted's Owner

On to Integra number two!
Viper is a good brand to go with. It also doesn't hurt to go with relocating your battery, hood latch and or a kill switch.
x2 on the Viper alarms.
Nice Integra, man! It's very clean, especially for it's age and mileage. I just picked one up myself. Welcome to the Club!

Last edited:

XjoEnX

That interior is flawless. Nice pick up! Great choice you made. I'm also in for that Viper alarm.

RS1

Oh wow! Thank god for owners who take care of their vehicles. It hardly looks like it has a 200 miles on it let alone 200,000. Really nice find!

72Spitfire

Super nice find. Ultra clean. Hell, when the engine goes swap in another and do another 250K. Perfect condition. What was the price?

dark3630

Super nice find. Ultra clean. Hell, when the engine goes swap in another and do another 250K. Perfect condition. What was the price?
$3500. That's the plan. This engine feels like it has a lot of life left in it though so not sure when that will happen lol.

I've been looking at alarms for the past few weeks and am definitely going with a Viper. Saving up for that right now then I'm thinking about going onto the suspension and lowering it a little bit.

Anyone have any preferences on strut bars? I don't know much about them at the moment. Can't really figure out the differences in brands.

Sent from my Samsung S3