New import tuner

tork_sd89

Baywatch
Did anyone pic up the new issue? There's a small section on the Honda game over in Arizona and one of the shops TSR has a 440whp EG with a STOCK B18C and a garret T66 turbo... HOW?! It's daily driven too! WTF

Prozon

Kris
Octobers issue or Septembers? I just subscribed last month.. so I assume i'll get one in the mail sometime.

How you ask? A turbo, fuel upgrades and a good tune. I wouldn't push 440 on a completely stock motor.. but obviously it can be done.

thenoxus1

Quick-Spool Racing LLC
That's a very possible number, if he's not beating on it all the time and was a very healthy engine before he boosted it's easy. It just might not last that long.

tork_sd89

Baywatch
The thing that confused me was it's a daily.. so I was thinking it has to have some reliability to it. I know some cars pull high numbers on a stock motor but that last for like 1 dyno pull lol I'm thinking

1.) It's a big turbo... less boost needed to get big hp numbers
2.) Very healthy motor. Probably rebuilt to stock specs
3.) He must never drive it hard, or rarely if he does.
4.) VERY good tune

Prozon

Kris
Less boost? What?

If it's a daily driver that shows even more why it's lasting. It probably never gets throttled lol.

thenoxus1

Quick-Spool Racing LLC
Big Turbo = Later spool time meaning he's not constantly in boost for dailying. BOOM

LSiNtegraDB7

I enjoy Integras.
Simple.

3 honda civics with spoon engines, 3 t66 turbos with nos, and a motec system exhaust.

Done. :D

tork_sd89

Baywatch
Less boost? What?

If it's a daily driver that shows even more why it's lasting. It probably never gets throttled lol.
I've seen set ups make the same or more HP with less boost for example

GT28 set up making 300 on 15 psi
vs.
GT35 set up making 300 on 10 psi

I just pulled those numbers out my ass so don't flame me lol and yea bigger = later spool.

I called TSR over in Arizona today to ask them about it and they told me the same thing basically. "good tune, healthy block... it can be done. but it's not reccomended"
The customer stressed that he didnt want to build the block.

00DC2TW

The thing that confused me was it's a daily.. so I was thinking it has to have some reliability to it. I know some cars pull high numbers on a stock motor but that last for like 1 dyno pull lol I'm thinking

4.) VERY good tune
less boost has nothing to do with it... Boost doesn't blow motors, HP does

MrGurley

************5-0
Simple.

3 honda civics with spoon engines, 3 t66 turbos with nos, and a motec system exhaust.

Done. :D
hahahaha

Big Turbo = Later spool time meaning he's not constantly in boost for dailying. BOOM

4.) VERY good tune
That's a very possible number, if he's not beating on it all the time and was a very healthy engine before he boosted it's easy. It just might not last that long.
lol all of this! thus my roomate has to run 26-28lbs to make around 400, he has a small ass turbo