new integra, any ideas

billysandoval

hello to all. i currently purchased a 1998 integra ls. i wanna do a motor swap, and i want to put a turbo on it, but i dont know much, this is a learning project for me, i was thinkin of going with the b18c1 motor with low compression. any ideas from anyone. i want it to be stupid fast. i have nothing but time and a pretty average budget. so please please please everyone. feed me with ideas

billysandoval

please specify things in detail if you will post them for me please....to everyone

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
hello to all. i currently purchased a 1998 integra ls. i wanna do a motor swap, and i want to put a turbo on it, but i dont know much, this is a learning project for me, i was thinkin of going with the b18c1 motor with low compression. any ideas from anyone. i want it to be stupid fast. i have nothing but time and a pretty average budget. so please please please everyone. feed me with ideas
depends on your hp goal, a b18c1 is capable of boosting by its self as its only 10:1 compression, but you could lower its compression.

boost a b20b. more torque.
You sir are mislead and are one of the people who say b20 is a "torque monster" this is untrue as a b20 has 3 more foot pounds of torque but has a lower torque curve while the b18b has a higher torque band. i would have not been able to battle m3s with a b20 but i have battled them successfully with a b1

whats different about that than the gsr?
the crank and rod allow for more torque and a true 1.8 liter. block is weaker than a gsr rods tend to fail after spinning in the high revs

please specify things in detail if you will post them for me please....to everyone
sorry dude but we arent here to build your motor for you, we can guide you on what we think but you need to take a step and do research and build your motor dude.

billysandoval

I'm lookin for the highest hp possible. Im nt really looking for huge top end performance. I want it to fly thru 1st second and third. Watchthe speedo jump. Isn't that a bit high for compression 10:1. I thought u needed lower if your looking to boost. Of course I'm gonna do everything on my own but I know nothing substantial so this is part of my research.

billysandoval

Also where would be the best place to look up specs on Honda motors

Alvi84

Check the very top of this forum (Integra Specs - drop down menu) as it has a great spot for Honda motor specs and the Wikipedia page is pretty accurate as well.

Low compression is a thing of the past. Obviously you don't want to run 12:1 compression for boost but now-a-days 10:1 compression is easy to boost and can still be reliable just make sure you have an experienced HONDA tuner and you'll be golden.

Also, please please please do some of your own research. You'll have to put on your flame suit if you keep asking such generic questions.

1st - use the search feature on this forum or browse through the Turbo/Forced Induction section
2nd - read up on the basics of a turbo so you are more in depth with what you are working with
3rd - review other members turbo builds to get an idea of what all they had to do and the misc parts that are often forgotten about
4th - get a 2nd job and pray if you are shooting for the highest horsepower possible (you will need to convert to a different fuel and most likely MSD ignition parts if you're shooting for the 500+ horsepower range) and don't be shocked to find yourself spending 15K if you want to do things right and get some really high hp numbers... :shock:

Last edited: