New Integra, WHAT TO DO?!?!?!

Jackcell

So check this out. I am getting a 1992 Integra, Its like an rs or ls or something. Anyway here is the cool part. It was $1500. It was bought at a dealership and serviced there, infact the same place I am buying it. Also only 70k miles. YES 70k!!! It is a 5 speed as well. Anyway, i need some help here. I want to make an engine build for it, but I don't really know what to do. Should I stick with the b18a1 and swap the head, or should i get a c1 block, i just do not know what to do cause the engine has such low miles. Please also write out the cost of each option. I might also want to turbo it infact. So in conclusion, I want to make a list of every option, the price of the option, and the stuff required to do it. Integras rock!!!

red98teg

Keep on Truckin
So check this out. I am getting a 1992 Integra, Its like an rs or ls or something. Anyway here is the cool part. It was $1500. It was bought at a dealership and serviced there, infact the same place I am buying it. Also only 70k miles. YES 70k!!! It is a 5 speed as well. Anyway, i need some help here. I want to make an engine build for it, but I don't really know what to do. Should I stick with the b18a1 and swap the head, or should i get a c1 block, i just do not know what to do cause the engine has such low miles. Please also write out the cost of each option. I might also want to turbo it infact. So in conclusion, I want to make a list of every option, the price of the option, and the stuff required to do it. Integras rock!!!
:lol::laugh::rolf: lol kid this isnt a research paper. relax and welcome to the club.

:nopics:

and first off... i dont care what the records or dealership say... do ALL of the 100K mile maintenance. will probably cost about 150-200 bucks. the car will love you for it and drive like new.

Jackcell

Jeeze! lol im just enthusiastic. lol but okay, ill take it slow. And its already had the 100k maintance done. Its really in great shape. Ill take some pics. Its awesome. And i think im gonna build on the b18a1 block. Ive decided ill do a vtec conversion. Thank you for welcoming me guys, btw. I love this car.

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
If it truly has 70K original miles, I'd leave the engine alone. That is a unique specimen of virgin quality. Start with suspension work and wheels. I'd make it a looker before I bastardize a cherry engine.

Rich-PMS

I would buy another ls block and build it from there. And leave your 70k mile block as a backup so f your lsvtec fails you can swap your motor back in over a day or two!

Plus it'll resell better as a "stock" car vs a modded one

whitedc4

If it truly has 70K original miles, I'd leave the engine alone. That is a unique specimen of virgin quality. Start with suspension work and wheels. I'd make it a looker before I bastardize a cherry engine.
x2!

you found a unicorn, so to speak..