new issue

1/4milematt

ok so my car would run fine for an 2-3 hours then die. well i my friend told me it was the coil so i replaced it. well she ran fine for an hour an a half then did it again.i need help cause now it wont start at all now

Last edited:

rockadilla

thats right.
check for a spark, does it crank? can u hear the fuel pump prime when u turn the key on? could be that the starter is bad.

mjones73

Or your main relay. Google it, there's a ton of details on how to diagnose and fix it.

mirrorimg

Certainly isnt a starter issue, as the starter doesnt do anything except for start the car.

Its a fuel or ignition problem. When my fuel pump was going out, it was hit or miss when starting, but once it did, it never cut out. I would check out your main relay before hitting the fuel pump.

mirrorimg

Under the dash in the main fusebox.

Theres a thread on here (maybe on some other sites as well) for soldering the main relay to bridge the contacts (or something like that) as a main-relay fix. I believe the relay from the dealership is $10-$15.

1/4milematt

can the main relay get fried. cause i finally got the car to start so i pulled my teggy into the garage then i smelt a burning electrical circuit