New ITR boot and knob

integra evan

Before:

When the parts came in sealed Honda packaging (I opened it shortly after I got it from the mailbox, couldn't wait lol):

Random picture during install:

And the final product!!

I like it! Tell me what you think...

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
you should put a rubber grommet inside the boot on the shifter to hold the boot up to the knob so it doesn't sag like that. looks much better w/o that stock dildo looking knob though :thumbs up

teg9five

a.k.a. crabs!
dc2GS-R said:
you should put a rubber grommet inside the boot on the shifter to hold the boot up to the knob so it doesn't sag like that. looks much better w/o that stock dildo looking knob though :thumbs up
i like the stock knob... its comfortable imo beings my hand rarely leaves the shifter. but the new shit looks good.

wanna trade stock shift knobs? mines kinda cracked at the threads and spins a little. doesnt stay tight lol

g3teg97

Super Moderator
You can buy the shift boot at Shop Response for $24.99. They usually have coupons and stuff.

If you sign up at www.jdmchat.com you can earn points that you can cash out into money at the online store.

integra evan

That's exactly where I got my boot from, was one of shop response's ebay listings. And for the knob I found a killer deal locally, brand new in OEM Honda packaging, just like the boot :)

Thanks for all the comments!
As far as the stock shifter, it actually is pretty comfortable because you can grip the whole knob. I'm planning to keep my own stock knob and boot.

siscoke

you know whats funny :d you guys always get those boots with the red stitches but im not quiet sure thats a real ITR boot tho since i had a fully original ITR and mine came with a full black (no red stitches) boot :s

just so youd know

integra evan

siscoke said:
you know whats funny :d you guys always get those boots with the red stitches but im not quiet sure thats a real ITR boot tho since i had a fully original ITR and mine came with a full black (no red stitches) boot :s

just so youd know
00 and 01 ITR's have them stock I believe. 97 and 98 had them as options.

cabezzzdb8

BBS wanted
siscoke said:
that could be an explanation :p
Yeah mang only the JDM ITRs have them, still havent seen a USDM one with it, damn you havent been here for a while, heard your totalled your ITR :(

98PAITR

just so youd know
The red stitched boot is from a jdm itr.