new lip:)

dc2_

it dont destroy my handling
i know 2 ppl with integras the same way i got mine and it rides perfectly smooth
i dont like the whole slammed look. not my style

speedin

The Transporter
it dont destroy my handling
i know 2 ppl with integras the same way i got mine and it rides perfectly smooth
i dont like the whole slammed look. not my style
Your ride may be smooth, I dont question that. But know that that is called "ride" where handling is having to do with the cars behavior in a corner. So I bet it rides great at that height, but take a corner with an identical teg with the rear lowered and then you will see the difference in handling. And you dont have to be slammed to be low. I mean if you dropped the rear just as your dropped the front your set.

B18_?

I've taken corners well over 80mph I mean like 90 degree turns at a light nd also track nd have no problem with mine at all nd it actually is better for aero purposes...do your research nd you'll see its true...the drag launch is true its for muscle cars that have rear tucck from a lauch but as well fwd cars do it.... but then again its juss likes many people got different tastes that's what makes us diff

DC4twokone

Resident Hoodrat
I am by no means saying put it to the ground, just even the height/setup out, you're on aftermarket rears too correct?
(it's fine if its just for style.. i guess.. because its like hellaflush, not good for handling but "looks good")

I've taken corners well over 80mph I mean like 90 degree turns at a light nd also track nd have no problem with mine at all nd it actually is better for aero purposes...do your research nd you'll see its true...the drag launch is true its for muscle cars that have rear tucck from a lauch but as well fwd cars do it.... but then again its juss likes many people got different tastes that's what makes us diff
If you can take corners at that speed with an uneven setup then imagine the speed on an evenly lowered car :D

Last edited:

dc2_

I am by no means saying put it to the ground, just even the height/setup out, your on aftermarket rears too correct?
(it's fine if its just for style.. i guess.. because its like hellaflush, not good for handling but "looks good")

If you can take corners at that speed with an uneven setup then imagine the speed on an evenly lowered car :D
no im on rear stock springs..but i dont need to be taking turns like that over 90mph lol

its just the way i like my teg

i love how some other tegs look lowered on the rear as well but i prefer it this way

Suprman91

"Zip-Tie-It!" - Wisdom
Nice, i love it.. ohh and by the way.
You can quote multiple quotes by pressing the icon next to where it says "quote". :)

DC4twokone

Resident Hoodrat
no im on rear stock springs..but i dont need to be taking turns like that over 90mph lol

its just the way i like my teg

i love how some other tegs look lowered on the rear as well but i prefer it this way
If you don't drive like it's a racecar then i really can't complain lol.

B18_?

I'm on coils but also what we use our cars for is drags not track so it won't really matter bout the handling juss some good suspension, traction bar, some radials nd a shit load of horsepower

speedin

The Transporter
Im not going to dissect this too much as it just not worth it, it is your car and you can do what ever you please. Im just trying to help you understand the truth behind it all.

And to do that I have to correct two more things.

-The aerodynamic property your thinking of is generally referred to as a strake. And yes it does help, but only to a certain degree. For instance Tein springs usually have a strake built into them, its very slight and rarely noticed. A massive difference as you have really doesnt see any added benefit over a much smaller degree of strake. In fact it works against the cars Cd by effectively reducing the angle of the front window, creating more surface area on the front of the car, and the under body dynamics will just be wacky by the time it gets to the rear of the car. Long story short, the areo is actually a disadvantage at that angle.

-All accelerating cars to have a effective weight transfer from front to rear on acceleration. But just increasing the height of the rear springs is the wrong way to do it. Stiffer springs and shocks are how its properly done. Thats why today you dont see the lifted rear end on drag strips as often, and when you do its on older cars. And its only done on high hp RWD drag cars for a reason, and its to keep the front wheels on the ground from the amount of torque some of those cars can generate launching. It also serves other purposes but none of which are ever going to be useful on a FWD car.

Im not trying to bash you, I see what your saying and where your coming from. All though those things are true, in your case they do not really apply.

But again, if you like it keep it, dont listen to me. Its your car and there are different tastes for different people. But just dont cite the two reasons above as your logic behind it. Just say you like the way it looks.

Last edited:

B18_?

We have said it a couple of times but for some reason this turns into an argument bout whats nicer but whatevers I still like the face down a$$ up style end of story