New member with some questions

4drteg95

Whats up guys? Ive been on this site for a while now but i just decided recently to become a member. Im 16 i have a 4dr 95 integra ls and i want to start making my first mods, but im new with it. So far ive only really decided on one thing which is a Injen sri. But anyway i have a couple questions...

First of all. Heres my car:
[/URL][/IMG]

Where can i find these?
http://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=2121560&page=6

The wheels on the white 4drs, both at the top and 3/4 the way down the page (i think they're the same.) Does anyone know what they're called/ where i can buy them with (preferably) or without tires?

Heres the other wheels i like:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/17-EVOKE-F1-WHEELS-RIMS-UNIVERSAL-8H-4-LUG-GLOSSBLACK_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ43957QQihZ020QQitemZ300176258898QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

Input on wheels? Any other somewhat inexpensive wheels that you recommend? I feel like getting bigger wheels will look stupid if i dont have a lowering kit. Do you think this would be the case with my car?

Any input on what i should choose do?
Injen SRI
Skunk2 lowering kit
Exhaust system - i would like to have an exhaust that doesnt have too much migraine-inducing in-car noise, but i do want something with an aftermarket note. Suggestions?
Just take off hub caps for a while until i can afford new wheels (and rotors ughh)

OR

Injen SRI
Wheels
Skunk2 lowering kit
No new exhaust for now

OR

Im open for suggestions. Even if they dont involve anything i said i planned on getting.

Sorry for the long post and a lot of questions (i probably have more that i can think of right now...) but i dont want my car to turn out to be complete rice. Let me know if i should have put these questions in separate forums for future reference. I wasnt sure.

DailyDB8

>>>Honda Enthusiast<<<
:welcome:

good choice in the 4dr. if you're talking about the polished wheels on the white cars. its OEM GSR wheels off of a 94, they are also known as 5star gsr wheels. estimated price of $200+ depending on condition and tires. btw, i prefer OEM wheels over any fake copies such as rota, drag, spun, ssk, nippon, and etc. why? because they're cheap cast iron rims that bend very easily, and proven to shatter on the track course. if you save up, you can't go wrong with forged rims made by volk, rays, work, bbs, etc... just to name a few, because they actually have some engineering involved instead of looking pretty.

as far as what mods to get... you can't really go wrong with any route you wanna go first. whether its mods to the motor, suspension, or the pretty stuff. but i would totally recommend you upgrading your security system. acuras / hondas are a high theft magnet.

the only suggestion i can really say is. don't go cheap with functional parts. you gotta pay to play. stay away from ebay unless you know what to buy to save money. check out the member rides sections, or the submit your ride sections to see what people have done to their cars to get a better idea.

DailyDB8

>>>Honda Enthusiast<<<
oh yea the wheels you mentioned are also called fat 5's, and also hammers i think? :what:

g3teg97

Super Moderator
I agree completely with DDDB8. Personally, I'd do suspension first (after security obviously).

4drteg95

:welcome:

good choice in the 4dr. if you're talking about the polished wheels on the white cars. its OEM GSR wheels off of a 94, they are also known as 5star gsr wheels. estimated price of $200+ depending on condition and tires. btw, i prefer OEM wheels over any fake copies such as rota, drag, spun, ssk, nippon, and etc. why? because they're cheap cast iron rims that bend very easily, and proven to shatter on the track course. if you save up, you can't go wrong with forged rims made by volk, rays, work, bbs, etc... just to name a few, because they actually have some engineering involved instead of looking pretty.

as far as what mods to get... you can't really go wrong with any route you wanna go first. whether its mods to the motor, suspension, or the pretty stuff. but i would totally recommend you upgrading your security system. acuras / hondas are a high theft magnet.

the only suggestion i can really say is. don't go cheap with functional parts. you gotta pay to play. stay away from ebay unless you know what to buy to save money. check out the member rides sections, or the submit your ride sections to see what people have done to their cars to get a better idea.
Thanks for the help. I found the fat 5's on ebay, but now its just a matter of dealing with the bidding crap so we'll see. Heres what im thinking. If i get the wheels then ill do intake, wheels, suspension. If not ill do intake, exhaust, suspension, and save up for either the next time i find the fat 5's, or for forged rims. About the whole stay away from ebay, im guessing getting an ebay exhaust or header would be a complete waste of money? As far as the theft thing... i know at least one integra has been stolen in my neighborhood and cars get broken into all the time, so the security upgrade is soundin pretty good too. So much to do... Thanks again!

DailyDB8

>>>Honda Enthusiast<<<
ebay is good dont get me wrong, i find deals and bargains all the time. what i meant is to stay away from those cheap ebay brands, reason being is the quality on those parts are crap and probably aren't legal in some states. ebay is good if you know what you're looking for and how much it costs at the dealer / shops. dont buy stuff cause its cheap or says "JDM". know what you're buying, cause in some cases it will actually cause harm / damage and in worst cases, spend even more money to fix the problem.

SECURITY IS A MUST!!! you dont know how many sob stories you hear and read... and some folks invested all that money in parts and ZERO in security. basically throwing your money away.

like i suggested, surf around the site. there's a lot of factors when it comes to suspension and exhaust systems. its not like yea... "i wanna drop my car so im going to buy springs / sleeved coilovers"... well you're gonna need a camber kit cause you're allignment is going to be off in some cases, better shocks to handle the drop, the size of the rim / tire... etc.

narrow down your mods to what you want to do first, ask questions / advise and most of us will help you, others will be dicks.

Last edited:

4drteg95

Welcome to CI and the 4dr crew!
Thanks!

And DailyDrivenDB8 yea i know im not just gonna jump into buying anything. Ive been doin a lot of research and talkin to ppl that have tegs. Im still a little confused about suspension tech, so i still gotta figure all that out. You said i will need a camber kit if i lower it but in a different forum i heard it was fine without one if you dont go lower than like a 1.8" drop. Would it make sense to get an adjustable set up and keep it at 1.8" until i can buy a camber kit and then go lower if i want?