New muffler exhaust, need ideas

blackviper

Hey guys, so the person i bought my DC4 from did a crappy job with the exhaust weld, it was loose somewhere near the engine and he welded it and clamped. Im thinking about getting a new muffler/exhaust setup. I was wondering what can someone recommend me, I dont want a one of those loud ricer sounds, something really clean. I looked at Apexi and N1's still a bit too loud for my taste, looking for something kinda quiet, but gives a tiny bit of noise.

http://www.clubintegra.com/board/showthread.php?t=10245&page=3

Looked here, twin loop seems nice, but still something a bit quieter haha.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vw87s5oqTIw
^ anyone know a good site that carries those?

Slo_Teggy

Slow Driver
I put an ITR exhaust on my car and really like it. I doubt you could bolt one straight up with your DC4 but I'm sure you could get it to work.

thenoxus1

Quick-Spool Racing LLC
You're looking at which one? Twin loop is expensive. Consider an apexi ws2

Last edited:

blackviper

You're looking at which one? Twin loop is expensive. Consider an apexi ws2http://www.ehow.com/how_5702305_send-gift-payment-paypal.html
Sounds pretty nice, looked up a few youtube clips. Ill add that one to the list! Thanks.

thenoxus1

Quick-Spool Racing LLC
No problem. Pm me if you need prices. Genuine mugen ones can go for like 1k... Just hard to justify imo

thenoxus1

Quick-Spool Racing LLC
I despise obx. I try to steer people away when I can. I generally won't push the products. Horrible warranty system.

Teggy64

Got vtec?
Apexi ws2 or its cheaper counterpart, the yonaka. Great sound at WOT, but nice an quiet for daily driving.

AH9R

I installed a Yonaka system, and it sounds nice and deep.You'll have to wait about a month to get it because they're on back-order. It doen't look rice, and it won't break the bank either.

ixcocoyxi

RS owner
RS*R ExMag
Apex'i WS2
GReddy SP2
Tanabe Medallion
** Twin Loop

these have OEM sounds during normal driving conditions

tbm275

I installed a Yonaka system, and it sounds nice and deep.You'll have to wait about a month to get it because they're on back-order. It doen't look rice, and it won't break the bank either.
hey, just wondering, but what model do you have? RS/LS/GSR? and how good does it sound?
I've wanted to replace my stock RS exhaust for a while now for something that sounds well, sounds where you can hear it, but not ostentatious or crappy, I've looked into yonaka a bit, just unsure whether to buy or not

freb_mc

i support the the apexi world sport 2, sounds great under normal conditions very quiet, open the throttle and it sounds deep and throaty not a rice sound at all i love mine, its on a 96 ls btw

tbm275

i support the the apexi world sport 2, sounds great under normal conditions very quiet, open the throttle and it sounds deep and throaty not a rice sound at all i love mine, its on a 96 ls btw
for yours do you have the whole system, or just the muffler itself? see the problem is, I can find a Yonaka kit for 250 where just the WS2 muffler ALONE is 275 and the kit being around 700

DC4GoFast

i have a car problem
I would get the Yonaka, lots of people have them and love them, i like the way they sound, cant beat it for the price