New on the site, back in the game!

redrocket

Hello gys/gals I just purchased a 1994 Integra LS with the intent to modify to the extreme! :D Last time I had a Honda/Acura was about 13 years ago it was an 89 CRX Si W/ B16 swap. I am glad to be back in the Hon/Acur world.

Mick Lvn

Hello gys/gals I just purchased a 1994 Integra LS with the intent to modify to the extreme! :D Last time I had a Honda/Acura was about 13 years ago it was an 89 CRX Si W/ B16 swap. I am glad to be back in the Hon/Acur world.
what do you mean by "to the extreme"???

yeah to the extreme IMO is some crazy ass JDM swap or a turbo with cams, 8sec car FTMFW

Mick Lvn

Somewhere between 6 and 800 HP, my last exposure to these cars was my friends 2000 GSR with a little over 500HP in a daily driver and that car was fun.
Sounds like a lot of money down the drain, but GL! Look forward to seeing it!

Mick Lvn

if you do something like that, i will honestly be surprised. A lot of people talk these days, lets see it happen!

redrocket

if you do something like that, i will honestly be surprised. A lot of people talk these days, lets see it happen!
I think it is achievable, it may not happen overnight but I will get it done. I am probably going to sell one of my whips to speed the proses up. But I can certainly use the help from you guys as I am green.

So here is a question for you, If I do an LS Vtec Vs. a B18C swap, is there a lot of downfalls or is it going to be relatively the same? I was reading about the differences but thought I would get another opinion.

Thanks

BigMac88

Fat guy in a little 'teg
The LS/VTEC has many downfalls compared to the B18C. First of all, you're putting a top-end that requires 8K+ RPMs to be useful on a block that isn't balanced to attain those RPMs. The pistons in a B1 or A1 block are also lower compression that a C1/C5 so you're not helping yourself there. You'd need to swap a rotating assembly from a B18C1/5 block to make it truly useful. If you're looking at the LS/V for a few cc's of extra displacement, it's more viable in the long run to use a B18C block and have it sleeved to 84mm.

Last edited:

redrocket

The LS/VTEC has many downfalls compared to the B18C. First of all, you're putting a top-end that requires 8K+ RPMs to be useful on a block that isn't balanced to attain those RPMs. The pistons in a B1 or A1 block are also lower compression that a C1/C5 so you're not helping yourself there. You'd need to swap a rotating assembly from a B18C1/5 block to make it truly useful. If you're looking at the LS/V for a few cc's of extra displacement, it's more viable in the long run to use a B18C block and have it sleeved to 84mm.
Good info, thanks so much :thumbs up