New Owner of 1994 Integra upgrade questions

denis.carriere

So I bought this 1994 Integra it is in pretty good shape with only 59000Km on a B18. It has been lowered on lowering springs and a cold air intake is installed and it has a cat back exhaust.

I want to start the upgrade process but not sure where to start.

I was thinking of upgrading the fuel system or getting headers or a camber kit.

I will eventually go turbo I think. lol

Any suggestions from you more experienced Integra guys, where do I start?

denis.carriere

So I want to get the car ready for a Turbo. Where do I start?
I am mechanically inclined. I can do the work myself but I don't know where to start.

Noneed2Hate

Not sure about specifics for turbos, but I've seen that it's recommended you make everything mechanically sound before going through with it.

98DC2GSR

98DC2GSR
if youre going turbo what are the numbers your wanting? the setup and what you do all depends on what youre looking for

denis.carriere

Thanks for the reply, I am looking to get anywhere from 280HP to 320HP. What do you suggest?

denis.carriere

I am looking at a GSR Head w/ Skunk2 Tuner Stage 1 Cams. What do I need to do to get these onto my B18 or will it fit just like that?

98DC2GSR

98DC2GSR
There's people pushing 250-300 to the wheels in GSR with stock motors with just ARP rod bolts, upgraded clutch, fuel system and tune on hondata.

You're wanting to put a GSR head on your LS block? Well for that youd be going what's called Ls/vtec. To do that there's a special kit you can buy to be able to run the VTEC head on your block but then you'd also need to get an obd1 ecu and have it chipped and tuned for that setup otherwise VTEC won't work.

denis.carriere

So I bought the GSR Head and cam and odb1 ecu for $400 and all seems kosher. can someone point out the LSVTEC kit I would need for this setup as on Ebay there are so many to chose from.
Any advice is appreciated.

Thank you

denis.carriere

This is the list of parts I will get.

LS ARP rod bolts
GSR ARP head studs
New OEM LS (90-01) B18a/b head gasket
New OEM/ACL LS bearings
Shotpeen LS rods
New hastings/OEM LS piston rings
New OEM valve seals
Hone cylinders
New GSR/ITR water pump (P72)
New GSR/ITR timing belt (P72)
New GSR/ITR/96+ Bseries oil pump (P72)
Magnetic oil drain plug (important for break in)
New oem NGK V-power b16 spark plugs (stock compression) OR NGK V-power BKR7E spark plugs for 11.5:1+ compression.

Better intake manifold (ITR, AEBS, Skunk2, JG, Ported ITR)
Port/Polish head
Better header (ANR, RMF, SMSP, Rage, etc.)
310cc injectors (at a minimum)

phatintegra

Banned
So I bought the GSR Head and cam and odb1 ecu for $400 and all seems kosher. can someone point out the LSVTEC kit I would need for this setup as on Ebay there are so many to chose from.
Any advice is appreciated.

Thank you
Golden Eagle LS/VTEC kit comes with head gasket, oil adapter and oil feed line. Please stay away from ebay if your going LS/VTEC.

Why you want VTEC rods? Since you have LS rods and why you want the LS rods shotpeen? LS piston rings?Your going to use LS piston to make 11:5:1 compression?

You need to search for members with LS/VTEC builds and read there mods list carefully. So you get a better under standing on what is involve in a LS/VTEC build.

Last edited:

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
This is the list of parts I will get.

LS ARP rod bolts
GSR ARP head studs
New OEM LS (90-01) B18a/b head gasket
New OEM/ACL LS bearings
Shotpeen LS rods
New hastings/OEM LS piston rings
New OEM valve seals
Hone cylinders
New GSR/ITR water pump (P72)
New GSR/ITR timing belt (P72)
New GSR/ITR/96+ Bseries oil pump (P72)
Magnetic oil drain plug (important for break in)
New oem NGK V-power b16 spark plugs (stock compression) OR NGK V-power BKR7E spark plugs for 11.5:1+ compression.

Better intake manifold (ITR, AEBS, Skunk2, JG, Ported ITR)
Port/Polish head
Better header (ANR, RMF, SMSP, Rage, etc.)
310cc injectors (at a minimum)
You have a good list, i would run the bkr7e-11 plugs, i prefer a cooler burn. Check out skunk2 alpha headers, skunk2 alpha TBs and i would do the ultra manifold. Also, if you run hondata S300 i would look into Acura RDX injectors. They are a 440cc and can run 100% duty cycle all day long unlike RC.