New Owner of an Integra has some questions! :)

khiyasu

Hi guys, just traded for a 2000 Integra GS coupe. YAY!

Just wondering, how do you tell the difference between the LS, GS, GSR, and Type R?

Also, if I want to make a few mods, where should I start?

Thanks!

DC4twokone

Resident Hoodrat
Look on the engine block for a code, B18_ (C5, C1, B)
VIN #, DC2 = GSR, DC4 = LS,GS,RS

Essentials:
-coilovers
-wheels/tires
-intake/exhaust
-front lip

Welcome!

khiyasu

thanks!

my car currently is lowered and has nice rims and tires but i will probably switch them next summer. since it is already lowered, would i still need coilovers? which is a good website for intake/exhaust and front lip?

also, how do i upload pictures to my posts?

DC4twokone

Resident Hoodrat
jdmshit.com has type-r polyurethane front lips for 109 shipped, look under monthly specials.
Look at statracing.com or any of the site vendors for exhaust, as you can get a nice discount :D

What are you lowered on?

Post pictures on a host site like photobucket or flickr then copy the picture URL into the little box that opens when you click the picture icon in the reply box

ixcocoyxi

RS owner
welcome to the club bro :thumbs up

another way to tell with exterior trim levels (unmodded)

94-01 vers.
RS: black side moldings, black mirrors, no sun roof (may have spoiler)
LS, GS: paint matched side moldings and mirrors, glass mounted 3rd brake light (may have spoiler w/brake light), sunroof
GSR: paint matched side moldings and mirrors, no 3rd brake light in glass, brake light in spoiler only, sunroof
IT-R: no side moldings, 4x114.3 or 5x114.3 lug pattern, no sun roof, 3rd brake light in window, no brake light in spoiler, paint matched side skirts and front lip

pics of the ride doods!!

JDM_Teggy

JDM GSR
Hey, I'm also a new owner of a GSR Teggy. & to the whole JDM scene...
if you hear about anything good, let me know!

khiyasu

thanks for all the good info. i'm sure this is more than enough to get me started. i'm actually on vacation right now but i will check right when i get back home. will take pics then too.

i'm not sure what the car is lowered on. is it dangerous to drive a lowered integra in snow?

khiyasu

does anyone know much about the DNX Exhaust and midpipe? i found one on craigslist for cheap but dont know if these are good exhausts.. thanks

khiyasu

haha i will get the pictures up as soon as i can... i'm on vacation now :)

anyway, anyone know if is it fine to drive in the snow in a lowered integra with winter tires?

also, anyone know much about DNX Exhaust and midpipe? Found one on craigslist for a decent price.