New Teg/ New Member

Peeples

Welcome! Great pickup and a great price!

Where you should start depends on what you want.

What do you want and what are you thinking about doing?

Since you just got the car I would look into a few things:

1) Check all fluids, replace if you don't know if they have been replaced. (Oil, Transmission, Water/coolant, Clutch, Brake, Power steering)... help me if i missed anything
2) Did the timing belt get replaced after the 100k miles mark? If not, I would look into getting a timing belt and water pump replaced.
3) Look into the paint. Looks nice from the pictures, so if you want to keep it that way maybe have it detailed.

Anything else anyone can input?

Last edited:

c_squared

I'm just looking at improving the car in every aspect. I checked all the fluids and they're good and checked the brakes and everyhing. While doing that I found out it had tokiko blues with tein springs but they're really noisy and bouncy so I want to go the coilover route. What would be the best way to go for a high school senior with a part time job lol?

c_squared

Been doing some research and decided boost would be the best way to go. Just want some more pull. Nothing crazy, I know my way around an engine and can do the work myself. Just want to get some input and advice on if it will be reliable and safe because I'm not Looking at doing more than 5 psi. Found a t3/t4 turbo with all the hardware (oil line, downpipe, inter cooler with piping, Etc.) for sell in my area with a 5lbs wastegate and figured that be prefect. Will I need to get bigger injectors, fuel pump, fiter etc. it's a GSR engine with NGK spark plugs, Nology wires and a MSD so my ignition is good. I have a yonaka catback on the way. So will I need a chipped ecu. It's a dd so I'm not looking to track it and I know I'll need a tune and I have a reliable/trustworthy shop for that

Swerve

Shawn
If you wanna run 5 psi look at a td05 or t25
5 psi is also not a good a measure of whether or not you will to upgrade your fuel system, you can always run bigger injectors because with a decent tune you won't be over fueling but depending on your goals it may be obsolete