new to all this jazz

i<3 teGs

so im 18 and i have a few things to ask. so im looking at a 1991 teg ls 5 speed it has 320,300 Km on it!! for 1700$ and if i got it would i need to get a new engine and tranny to boost it say 8-10 psi for it not like blow up or somthing. if so can you tell me what kind of engine would be best. it would be a DD not a track car.

and whats the dif with all the engine tips?????

and aslo any other tips/info about tegs would be nice

0% skill with engines and cars only. little skill with wireing speckers decks and subs/amps

things i would do in tiiiiiiimmmmeeeee.....

short throw shifter
turbo
new engine ?race? tranny
bucket seats
audio
swaybars
paint
rims
airintake
and other stuff

" sleeper" hopeing up to 250hp

red.line

$1700 is too much for that car in my opinion, unless it was absolutely mint in and out..
If you're wanting to boost it, I'd swap in a B18B if the B18A is toast..that was the plan for my old Civic before I traded it for my 240.
The best way to learn is research (!) and then get your hands dirty by doing the work yourself.
If you're really lost then have someone who knows a thing or two give you a hand but try to get as much hands-on experience as possible.
I watched people do engine swaps before but it wasn't until I did my own on my S13 that I really started to understand how things worked and went together.

Oh, and welcome to the site!

rockadilla

thats right.
yeah bro u may as well buy a shell then u wont have the problem of taking out the engine, u can just throw a new one in, plus a shell would give u another k to spend on the engine
:welcome:

red.line

yeah bro u may as well buy a shell then u wont have the problem of taking out the engine, u can just throw a new one in, plus a shell would give u another k to spend on the engine
:welcome:
This is what I'd recommend. Should be able to find one in good shape for around a grand or less.