New To Boost

H8BOOST

Im new to the boost world so please do not destroy me for asking questions. I have a LS Vtec these are my mods with the motor
Toda Cams, Gears, Valves, Springs, Retainers, guides. 3 angle Valve job.
Crower Rods, P30 Pistons
Golden Eagle Fuel Rail
330 RC Injectors
330 Fuel Pump
I do not know what turbo set up would be safe on this motor.

Do I need to sleeve it, up grade anything.

PLEASE HELP

bjanosz62391

Block guard is a must for a turbo ...its a love it or hate it type of thing. Everyone I know, and cruise with has sleeves and KMS block guard. I choose KMS because they are the OG;s of block guards for b series motors. And sleeves is up to you depending on how much boost you want to run and what compression your bottom end has. Block guard is a must though because it prevents the top of your cylinders from vibrating

H8BOOST

ok is there anything else internal i need.........i am not sure what turbo set up i need to go with. does anyone have any suggestions

olddohc

Block guard is a must for a turbo ...its a love it or hate it type of thing. Everyone I know, and cruise with has sleeves and KMS block guard. I choose KMS because they are the OG;s of block guards for b series motors. And sleeves is up to you depending on how much boost you want to run and what compression your bottom end has. Block guard is a must though because it prevents the top of your cylinders from vibrating
block guards are not a must, if you resleeve a motor with stronger sleeves you are fine. when you turbo a car it gets hotter than N/A and when metal heats up it expands. if you have a block guard and expanding sleeves you will be putting unwanted pressure on the block, sleeves and block guard.

rexpepper123

im also doing the same so a block guard isnt a must but good idea for bout 300-350? you need someone to install it right?

Tam4511

CI BOOST FIEND
Block guards don't do much but block coolant flow and create hotspots. They don't make your block any more durable than it already is.

You don't need sleeves if your making less than 450.

rwlsvtec_03

If your only planning on pushing 350hp then I wouldn't spend the money on a block guard. If you want to get a good turbo set up I would shoot for a gt28. Great spool and power range. Considering that alot of the 240 guys run these you can get a great price on zilvia.net. Everything else can be pieced together. I happen to have a 38mm tial wastegate (red) I will be willing to sell here in a month. I used to have enough parts laying around to build another kit but I've slowly got rid of it all.
I'm not sure what your price range is but Borg Warner now makes there EFR series that have internal wastegate and BOV and look amazing and are as compact as you can get. Otherwise you need the most basic stuff like exhaust manifold, downpipe, probably 3" exhaust (you can get stainless for good prices diy), a good front mount intercooler and you'll prob want 2.5" piping (no need for anything bigger) and I imagine you already have tuning software. Anything else feel free to ask.

Prozon

Kris
I agree with everything Tam4511 said. Block guards are useless. If you don't plan to make over 450hp keep your stock sleeves, if your making more then that- get some real sleeves.

DaddyBuiltRacing

Resident Asshole
Block gaurds are outdated technology. People used them back int he day before anyone was sleeving honda blocks. Tam is dead on with his post. You will need much larger injectors then 330cc, those are only 90cc above stock and that isn't shit. I would go with 1000s personally, you can always tune em down and when you get bored with you power level you'll have the injector to turn it up already.

olddohc

Block gaurds are outdated technology. People used them back int he day before anyone was sleeving honda blocks. Tam is dead on with his post. You will need much larger injectors then 330cc, those are only 90cc above stock and that isn't s***. I would go with 1000s personally, you can always tune em down and when you get bored with you power level you'll have the injector to turn it up already.
ditto again lol

Accel.speed

basically, i like fast!
How do you turn down your injectors? Im also looking to boost my RS but Im getting schooled my the army right now until april so Im just trying to learn everything I can!

smithboy76908

Boost Addict
You just tune the car to limit them to only maybe 40, 50, or whatever percentage of their max. Just enough to give you what you need at the time. If you up the boost later, just retune them to open more. The only downside to having oversized injectors is a little rough idle due to the injectors not being able to close off enough for the idle rpm and making it run rich. That's it though.