New To CI, Newish to DC's

white4d96

Burning oil like a boss
Hey all, my name's Austin, I'm from Southeast WI, and I bought my first Honda, a 2000 DC4 LS, about a month ago. Actually found this forum Google searching for pictures of Wink mirrors installed in DC's. Found a write-up on here and was surprised at how nice people were on here, so I figured I'd pop in, say hey, check things out. I'm not new to cars or forums; my first car (which I still own) is a '96 Pontiac Grand Prix SE, 4-door sedan, bright white (hence the handle) which is slower than crap, gets crap mileage, and handles like crap, but it started it all. Owning a car with ZERO aftermarket meant custom-making everything, and while it was only lightly modified thus far, I have a lot more stuff going on for that.

...But you don't want to hear about my POS Pontiac, I'm sure. You want to hear about the DC.

I bought it mostly stock with just under 173k. The previous owner put eBay coilovers on it (ick!) and made the highs into 'city lights' with yellow stained glass paint (meh) and epoxying turn signal bulbs into the housings :)evil:) Tearing into it later I found that the interior has a lot of jacked up crap going on (it looks like someone had an aftermarket radio in it at one point, which was stolen from the car; the console has minor damage and the factory radio is held in by a screw into the bezel in the corner) and it burns a fair amount of oil, but it's extremely clean underneath, and surprisingly in the quarters as well.

Here it is when I got it:

and here's a pic from a meet I went to for a small GM forum I'm a part of (LOL)

So far, I havent done much to the car: exhaust, neo-chrome dress-up bolts under the hood, neo-chrome lugs, a few different shift knobs, and of course my Broadway came off the GP and went straight on it :lol: I am planning quite a few mods, but am most undecided about what to do for power, as I have to pass an OBD2 scan test that nobody seems to have any information about! :evil: I'd love to do a swap, but if I'm going to fail just because the VIN's don't match up...ugh. Anyways, hi, thanks for having me, if you want more pics, let me know!

white4d96

Burning oil like a boss
Thanks!

More pics will come after I get a chance to clean the car up inside and out, which may be a bit, I'm a busy guy.

I also have to figure out why the heck this thing burns so much oil. It's ridiculous, I'm probably going through about a quart every week or 2! Hopefully I will have time to have it leakdown tested this week...