New to forums and integra

jdm_da

Hi everyone. My name is Nhia. From oakdale, minnesota. I just got myself a new ride. It's a 1990 4dr integra all jdm out. I'm more into dsm but i will give the integra a try and try to learn new things. Car have a jdm front and a clean swap ( b16A). I'm trying to find out what year the b16a came in and what car it's from. If anyone know let me know. Thanks.

JasperDA9

1990-1993 integras dont really have "jdm" fronts. The biggest thing you should learn is to ignore those 3 letters all together. You have 1 piece headlights and thats pretty much the only discerning characteristic then maybe amber bumper lenses. Post some pics of your car up. Good luck :thumbup:

jdm_da

I only have one pic as of right now. It's the gold one on my profile. Well take more pic and post up soon.

TeggyBear_Ls

90 EF LS/V 95 DC4
The B16A is a JDM motor from japan. It came in certain year Civic SiR's.

However, if your motor says B16A1 or something like that, it's just a USDM motor from a 99-00 Civic Si.

jdm_da

Thanks guys. Yea found it's a JDM sir came off the first year of the EF. that's why everything bolt up to my DA. Obd0.

H2BDA9

hmmmmm why a b16a? why not convert to OBD1 and do a better swap for the same price...? b16s are torqueless and not really the choice ive seen in faster cars. OBD1 will be a big difference in your case and your options will open up greatly in doing so. anyways, thats just my .02. clean DA though nice to see them around.

jdm_da

Yea I was thinking of just doing a obd1 swap. Maybe a gsr or ls turbo. I'm still think of it. But for now, I'm just going to mess with the obd0 b16. All my buddy tell me, just go obd1.hahaha. But well see. Yea the da is still clean for a minnesota car. I might change the color to black or white. My plans are just to get to know the motor and what it can do. I'm still fresh in integra and still a noob at it. But if you want to talk DSM i know. I love turbo but I don't think i will turbo my DA, just all motor. Thanks a lot guys.

jdm_da

Well found out the dude who i bought it from didn't do the timing right at all. It was not even top center. So I redid it today. Car ran a little better. But i need to do a comperssion test. I think some of the valve might been bent. Plus is it TRUE that if your check engine light come on mean your VTEC won't kick at all? Cause my ecu is chipped for vtec to kick at 4400 and reline at 9000. But it seem like the vtec don't kick at all. Let me know plz. Thanks