New to the site; 1995 VSM RS Coupe

Army74D

gtavila_
I recently started posting on team-integra.net.. And just gave it up.
That site is WACK!

I just registered on here, hopefully it's better. :lol:

Anyway, Here's the beginning of my build thread on my current daily..
1995 Acura Integra RS Coupe in Vogue Silver Metallic.

I sold my ej1 and a week later..
I found this car for sale; BONE STOCK from the original owner almost a year ago (May 12, 2010) and jumped right on the deal.
Clean title, with 136,xxx miles on the stock B18B1.
Bads? No radio, no keyless entry or alarm system, antenna was stuck in the up position.. Besides that, the car was a beauty. Especially for it's age.

On with the progress and pics..

Day1.
]

First thing installed, after the deck of course, was the suspension;
Skunk2 coilover sleeves and Skunk2 sport shock absorbers.

..Not low enough, so I turned it down a bit;
[/IMG]

Polished the stock exhaust a little.

..Didn't really add much to it since last May due to tight funds with the exception of no name front and rear upper strut bars and the must have OEM mudguards.
My financial status started picking up recently, so I started spoiling the car a little bit. :p
Installed a 2-way alarm with keyless entry.
Picked up a polished Benen rear lower tie bar.
Found a mint set of 15" LS/GSR Mesh for a good price.

And the 6000k H.I.D's, the left high beam isn't installed in pic just to show the comparison.

Interior shot. Rear seats are faded up top, but besides that.. The interior is flawless.

Current stuff
Engine: Stock
Suspension/ Chassis: Skunk2 coilover sleeves
Skunk2 sport shock absorbers

Function & Form Type 1
Benen rear lower tie bar
No name polished front and rear upper strut bars
Exterior/ Lighting: 6000k H.I.D
OEM Integra mudguards
OEM Honda antenna block-off plug
Interior: Stock
Kenwood CD/MP3 Deck
Circuit Hero 90mm shifter extension
Buddy Club TypeA shift knob
Rollers/brakes: 15in Integra Mesh
BF Goodrich 195/55R15
Stock braking
Other: 2-Way Security w/ Keyless Entry

Future plans, Not in specific order
Respray the car, stock color-Vogue Silver Metallic
Quick release, short hub, steering wheel combo
Lower control arms
Quick release C-Pillar bar
New wheels
As for the engine, I'm currently just planning on finding a good GS-R or ITR transmission while I save up and make up my mind about doing a turbo set-up on the current original Non-V.. Or K-Series heart transplant. But this won't be happening for a while.

Any good opinions/ideas will be appreciated.
Smart a** haters, find something better to do.

5/17/11-Current

Last edited:

jcrabb13

Registered Abuser
1) TI is full of dickheads, we only flame the ricers for the most part.
2) shave the door mouldings, dont paint match IMO
3) do a frankentranny, LS fifth for the mpg. make up your mind on that kswap. burn that motor into the ground instead of modding it if you are just going to get rid of it. mine has 191k so im just riding it till it dies.
4) did you pud HIDs in the high beams also?
5) i am a smartass, but i see nothing to hate on yet.

Army74D

gtavila_
jcrabb13 - Flaming on ricers is understandable.. I went through my semi-ricer phase with painting some OEM wheels on my old civic. But watching the (good side) of the scene for about two years now.. I'm learning what NOT to do. Yes, I'm still a newbie to the import scene. Lol

I've been given the same opinion a few times about shaving the mouldings.. I'm thinking about it. But I just ordered a few cans of NH583M VSM to paint the mirrors, mouldings and side skirts for now. A complete professional paint job will be done sometime in the near future.

As for the engine stuff.. That's like, at the bottom of my "stuff to do" list. I agree, there's no point in ditching a perfectly good running motor.. I'll just wait til it dies out.

And yes about the H.I.D's, in the pic above you can see the right side one is installed and the left is not.. I did it for comparison when I first got em.

jcrabb13

Registered Abuser
at the same time, make sure you have some tough skin. cause people will find something to hate on, for me...its my halos. ricer or not, i like them and thats why i got them :D

Boxy

Looks almost exactly like my teggy! Except I have 98 tails and a spoiler :p

Anyways, nice car! Good luck with your build :)

XslickwhitetegX

UKDM EXPERT
i just saw your car on ht in dc squad section, very nice ride. just needs si vtect lip/corners and your be set

Army74D

gtavila_
jcrabb13 - Exactly, as long as you like it.. Honestly when I first saw Integra projectors I was "daaaamn, I want those!".. But decided I'd rather save some $$ and just restore my stock ones. But I saw someone on HT say something about being a ricer for having mudguards. Now when the f did having OEM stuff on a car get to the same level as ridiculous body kits and body vinyl?! Haha! I don't hate unless a car is looking like an oversized lawn mower or a billboard on wheels.

XslickwhitetegX - Thanks yo! I've been looking for that Si Vtec/ SiR style lip EVERYWHERE, and laughed when I found it at the place I do most of my ordering. WekSos! As for the corners, I love the stock clear/ orange.. They go best with the color of the car I think. 8)

Thanks everyone for the love!

Army74D

gtavila_

..My car for 5 months while I train in Missouri. :guns:

So I found an OEM Si-VTEC (SiR) front lip for what looks like to be an unbelievable deal.

But has anyone ever purchased anything from "jdmsh*t.com"???
The site looks legit, but different from any other site I've ever ordered anything from.
They don't have the typical "add to cart" and "checkout" options.

Anyone know anything about "jdmsh*t.com"??

Last edited:

00DC2TW

..My car for 5 months while I train in Missouri. :guns:

So I found an OEM Si-VTEC (SiR) front lip for what looks like to be an unbelievable deal.

But has anyone ever purchased anything from "jdmsh*t.com"???
The site looks legit, but different from any other site I've ever ordered anything from.
They don't have the typical "add to cart" and "checkout" options.

Anyone know anything about "jdmsh*t.com"??
If it's from JDMshiiit it isn't OEM it's OEM style, I have heard good and bad reviews

Army74D

gtavila_
Hmm.. From reading the description, Sounds like it's OEM. All the reps say Replica on the description.. This one doesn't. Real or replica, it looks more legit than the one from WekSos.

Last edited: