New to the site and Acura

Tman

Hi,
Just bought a '97 Integra. Got what seemed to be a good deal but after a few days the car got real funky smelling - it leaks water like sieve - any advise?

jznsn2u

Welcome to Club Integra. Check any upholstery, Carpets and trunk to see if anything is wet.

rockadilla

thats right.
Are u using the A/C a lot? Or is it leaking on the inside of the car? check where the spare is kept in the trunk

j13

Keep It Clean
Welcome man. is their wanter under your hatch?

Tman

Hi,
Yep, water in the back; water in the front... - I did a search on here and it sounds like most likely the taillights are leaking - the trail of water appears to start under the rear tail light panel.
Today I was driving it and it started pouring rain. I have the carpet out. There was water running down the foot panel on passenger side, from under the dash. I don't think it was coolent, unless the engine has straight water in it. I ran the AC for a couple hours idling in the driveway last night and no water so I think the AC drain is ok.
I saw a post about someway water gets in from the cowl area - how does this happen? Is it common for teh windshields to leak?

The car is nice- all the power stuff works good, the AC is cold, drives nice, etc. I hope I can get the water to stop coming - we're in Florida and a wet car gets moldy fast!

Thanks.

Tman

Well - with the good knowledge I learned from searching this site, figured out the sunroof drain tubes were leaking into the hatch area. The hoses were full of junk were they transition at the discharge fitting. Cleaned those out and then silconed the tube into the discharge piece. -If anyone is going to do this I recommend you start on the passanger side because the power antenna makes the other side a little more difficult.
The taillights are also leaking - not sure if I'm going to drop the bucks to buy new seals or if I'll try something else..
Also checked the front sunroof drains and they seem to be open - I removed the front inner fender panels and can see the discharge tubes. I never did figure out exactly were these route though the interior - although I haven't removed the interior windshield pillor trim.
So I think the water that was coming into the passanger floor from the cowl. I removed the cover and cleaned the area real good. The seal around the cowl to windshield and firewall is real deteriorated. I'm thinking of just siliconing it - any feedback? Now I'm trying to figure out were to buy new clips before re-installing.
So now I'm trying to get the funky smell out. Removed most interior panels, seats, console, etc. Pulled carpet too. I think when the car is gutted it is ok. I put the seats back in and ran the ac using some duct cleaner stuff from the parts store. Left the car smelling like citris for a few days, but the mildew smell is coming back. I think it is from the seats - there is no visable mildew..
I'd like to figure out a way to clean the carpets / seats and reuse them - any suggestions?

I'm thankful for this site. The info helps alot

Last edited: