New to this, and im looking for some help

French-Frye

in all honestly i have no idea, i just bought the car and it was already lowered
Well keep the body clean and youll be fine :D good start tho lol better then what i started with. but how many miles on it?

BigHurt

Well keep the body clean and youll be fine :D good start tho lol better then what i started with. but how many miles on it?
120,000 miles. im thinking about a carbon fiber hood, but im not sure what style to do, and i might want to paint it, but i dont know what color, i guess you could say im all over the place with possibilities

OGstackadoIIa

TEAM LlGHTSPEED RACING
It all depends on what you want to do with it. Do you know what, if any, parts it has on it?
Here are some pictures. When you post pics, use the image tag and paste the image URL into, like this

It looks like you have the stock intake with the air box removed; I would either put the rest of it back together, or buy an intake, which you should do anyways.
Basic mod's would be intake, header, exhaust, suspension; looks like you have suspension already,although I would be interested to see what brand it is and if they're coilovers or not.
You have the stock header, but do you know if it's an aftermarket exhaust or not?

OGstackadoIIa

TEAM LlGHTSPEED RACING
120,000 miles. im thinking about a carbon fiber hood, but im not sure what style to do, and i might want to paint it, but i dont know what color, i guess you could say im all over the place with possibilities
Carbon fiber is good for reducing the weight of the car, but is an expensive mod that yields minimal results in comparison to something else at the same price. And a little word of advice, we are OEM whore; meaning we like clean looks without bodykits, underglow, hood scoops, etc.. We love OEM options like lip kits and suck, but not big on the Fast & Furious (Gay & Curious) look

ghost1776

Respected Member!!
carbon fiber is good for reducing the weight of the car, but is an expensive mod that yields minimal results in comparison to something else at the same price. And a little word of advice, we are oem whore; meaning we like clean looks without bodykits, underglow, hood scoops, etc.. We love oem options like lip kits and suck, but not big on the fast & furious (gay & curious) look
x2 ^

BigHurt

It all depends on what you want to do with it. Do you know what, if any, parts it has on it?

It looks like you have the stock intake with the air box removed; I would either put the rest of it back together, or buy an intake, which you should do anyways.
Basic mod's would be intake, header, exhaust, suspension; looks like you have suspension already,although I would be interested to see what brand it is and if they're coilovers or not.
You have the stock header, but do you know if it's an aftermarket exhaust or not?
i have no idea whats going on with the suspension, i haven't gotten a chance to look under the car yet, and i'm not completely sure about the exhaust either, i can tell you it makes a hell of a lot of noise though

BigHurt

Carbon fiber is good for reducing the weight of the car, but is an expensive mod that yields minimal results in comparison to something else at the same price. And a little word of advice, we are OEM whore; meaning we like clean looks without bodykits, underglow, hood scoops, etc.. We love OEM options like lip kits and suck, but not big on the Fast & Furious (Gay & Curious) look
i completely agree as far as the fast and furious nonsense, it looks rediculous, i dont like the big body kits or rediculous paint jobs, but i want to do my car in a black an orange or a yellow, actually im not even sure about what color i want

Last edited:

OGstackadoIIa

TEAM LlGHTSPEED RACING
i have no idea whats going on with the suspension, i haven't gotten a chance to look under the car yet, and i'm not completely sure about the exhaust either, i can tell you it makes a hell of a lot of noise though
If your exhaust is loud as hell, you probably have some cheap crap. I would figure out if it's what you really want, and if not, put it somewhere on your list of things to do
Well thats good lol. I myself have carbon fiber but everything is to oem specs as far as looks!
I'm, personally, looking to get a carbon deck lid and hood, but that's somewhere in the future after I finish a couple more mod's. Nothing against carbon fiber, for the most part, it's just not the first thing I would be thinking about :thumbs up

French-Frye

My input on carbon fiber is its ok and good with your actually doing stuff to your car. noone should have a 100% stock rs automatic with a CF hood. its pointless really IMO! but! along with that the more into building your motor tends to stray away from body mods so basically if ya like it and want it on your stock car fine its your car but if your getting it to serve a higher purpose then i respect it more. just my imput but hey bro keep it clean and youll have nooo problems with anyone on here :D

and its true were OEM whores. Im a USDM SLUT :D

Last edited: