new to this forum

DCiFound

SEAHAWKS!!
Just saying hi from the PNW. Born and bred here all my life. Im a SEAHAWKS fan and support our troops.

I have owned 2 92 and 1 93 da's, 1 93 SE cb7 and a 99 em1. I walked away from the honda scene and got an 01 IS300. Been on my.is/forums for a long time now. Starting research all over again in a different forum kind of sucks, but its beneficial when people give +(pos) inputs and less -(neg) inputs. It is the internet and everyone is right....right?:roll:

I am buyin a black 98 gsr coupe thats all stock, besides headers, intake and suspension. im not even sure if the wheels are stock for this model. I only looked at it once a couple weeks ago. The car only has 150k miles and never been stolen, according to the carfax report I ran ;)

Supposedly the timing belt service was done at 110k. Is there anything else that is a concern or a red flag mechanically or physically about this car?(besides theft). I have done some research on getting a quick release locking hub and an alarm. Any good brands I should be looking for on hub and alarm? if i get a quick release, will the SRS light come on?

Thats my intro for now

treeafodo

Austin
Welcome to the site! First off good luck with getting the car.

For a hub, personally, I would get Works Bell hub. Don't cheap out. Yes, the srs light will come on, and no, your airbag will not deploy.

DCiFound

SEAHAWKS!!
^^^^^Thank You. I been looking for a 2nd car over a yr on craigslist. everytime I see something im interested in(rhd conversion, JDM conversion). The guy doesnt have the title in their name with a bill of sale, or they wanted to trade for my IS300. I lol and respectfully denied.

Is there any good websites that you recommend for hubs?

Tree

Welcome! Boo to the seahawks tho ;)

MiketheDyke

My job is clean toilets
Some people on this site have the NRG hubs/quick release and like them. They are cheaper than the Works Bell, but obviously Works Bell is the better option.

And avoid Password:JDM for anything. Terrible company. If you want some nice OEM Type R parts, go to icbmotorsport.com or hmotorsonline.com. Or for any aftermarket parts, go to tunersports.com.

And thanks for supporting our Troops :) Are you a Veteran?

DCiFound

SEAHAWKS!!
Welcome! Boo to the seahawks tho ;)
lol....

Some people on this site have the NRG hubs/quick release and like them. They are cheaper than the Works Bell, but obviously Works Bell is the better option.

And avoid Password:JDM for anything. Terrible company. If you want some nice OEM Type R parts, go to icbmotorsport.com or hmotorsonline.com. Or for any aftermarket parts, go to tunersports.com.

And thanks for supporting our Troops :) Are you a Veteran?
noted. i was just looking at prices on passwordjdm.

im not a veteran, but i have family and friends who are and will be joining.

MiketheDyke

My job is clean toilets
noted. i was just looking at prices on passwordjdm.

im not a veteran, but i have family and friends who are and will be joining.
Treeafodo had a bad experience with them. Ever since they moved to a different location, their company went downhill. Their customer service is terrible, so it's best to avoid them.

And good for them for joining!

treeafodo

Austin
Yes, the last 3 experiences I had with Password jdm have been terrible. I have details in both my build thread and a thread I posted against PW:JDM.
Like Mike said Icbmotorsports and HMotorsOnline are both fantastic. I've dealt with both a few times.

If you did want a jdm front I'd suggest go to a local importer, or HMotorsOnline.

DCiFound

SEAHAWKS!!
I know companies like that. at first, they wanted to make a name for themselves, so they bent over backwards to get what you want. now they have a name, they could careless about customer service :stick:

Editted
is there holes behind the emblems on the trunk and hood? I want to remove the vtec badge that's below the rear right taillight?

Last edited:

DCiFound

SEAHAWKS!!
Can you buy bumpers that already has this design in them, or is it just a lip kit? Is it OEM, or aftermarket and where do you get the black/grey gasket that goes with this lip kit?(1st pic).

Thanks

I got these pics from Google images ;)

MiketheDyke

My job is clean toilets
That's an Optional lip kit. OEM's are the way to go for quality and fitment, but are costly and hard to find. BaysonR is a company that makes a replica of the lip kit, so check them out.

DCiFound

SEAHAWKS!!
Why is there different color tail lights. I seen them all red like the pics above. and amber like the ones pictured.

Edit: Found a pic

Last edited:

94RS

No fucks given.
Why is there different color tail lights. I seen them all red like the pics above. and amber like the ones on my GSR...i dont have the car yet, so I cant show pic.
94-97's have the amber signals, 98-01's are all red. UKDM tails have a pinkish-white-clear signal.