new TPS, car still stutters

kimcheelover

i have a '94 4-dr acura integra 5-spd. the car started stuttering at idle and also at low rpm's. i replaced the TPS sensor, but it didn't help anything. then, i read the engine codes (3 quick flashes, pause, 7 quick flashes) and determined that it was the TPS senso and the MAP sensor. question: do i have to replace the sensors based on the codes, or is there something i can fix without replacing the parts? symptoms: at cold start up and low rpm's even while driving, the car seems to stutter somewhat violently, but when i rev up a little it doesn't do it as badly. BUT when the car is warmed up, the stuttering just vanishes and it operates fine...BUT only for a few minutes before stuttering again. i am looking forward to your response.

thank you!

DJNugent

mines doin the same thing now dude got my codes read at autozone and i had 5 codes said #3 #4 cylinder misfire and circuit malfunction and knock sensor fault and randmom misfire, the common probable cause for the misfires are a vacuum leak and the knock sensor fault is i dont think its plugged in, the circuit malfunction is cause my speed sensor is messed up, hopefully i get mine fixed, i would recommend takin it to autozone to have them read ur codes, cause tryin to do ur own code readin and search info isnt always the best solution unless u got ur own program code reader

bustmysack

clean your tps sensor, map sensor, and your iacv valve, common problem on integra.

kimcheelover

clean your tps sensor, map sensor, and your iacv valve, common problem on integra.
So I replaced my TPS and cleaned out my IAC valve with carb cleaner (it was really dirty), but my car still stutters pretty violently. The check engine light is no longer lit, though. If it was a sensor problem (TPS, O2, etc.), wouldn't the check engine be lit? I really appreciate everyone's input.

kimcheelover

mines doin the same thing now dude got my codes read at autozone and i had 5 codes said #3 #4 cylinder misfire and circuit malfunction and knock sensor fault and randmom misfire, the common probable cause for the misfires are a vacuum leak and the knock sensor fault is i dont think its plugged in, the circuit malfunction is cause my speed sensor is messed up, hopefully i get mine fixed, i would recommend takin it to autozone to have them read ur codes, cause tryin to do ur own code readin and search info isnt always the best solution unless u got ur own program code reader
I appreciate your input, but AutoZone only does '96 and newer.

Check the wiring to all the sensors you listed above.
I had a problem with my 91 LS stuttering, I went through 4 IACs before we found that it was a broken wire.

DJNugent

if im not mistakin autozone told me they have a reader for obd1 and obd2 i could be wrong but they had to grab 1 of 2 code readers so im guessin they can do both idk? but i got my problem fixed all it was was the motor ground to the frame, it was shortenin out causin the car to misfire etc.... i laughed when thats what it was cause it cost 7.59$ compared to the 500$ i bout spent on a new dizzy

Kiss My ASS

My 96 is currently facing the same problem you have. I'm still fighting it rite now, but I have a code of 10 & 14. So far, I've found out I have coolant in my # 3 & 4 cylinder. You may want to do a compression test and check your spark plugs if it wet with coolant.

My 96 is currently facing the same problem you have. I'm still fighting it rite now, but I have a code of 10 & 14. So far, I've found out I have coolant in my # 3 & 4 cylinder. You may want to do a compression test and check your spark plugs if it wet with coolant.
Sounds like you have a bad head gasket and the block and head need to be decked.

kimcheelover

Thanks for your input. How can coolant get into the cylinders? I did have to remove the entire throttle body just to get to the TPS, but even then I don't see how it could happen.