New With Full DA Rebuild

2000hondaex

so ive checking the site out finally joined heres the teg

i bought a 90 teg for $1300 around the end of September 2010 and i am now in the process of completely rebuilding it, the interior was there kinda... so i just bought a whole new one for it. it was originally black and white and everyone that knew the car called it "the panda" but i have removed most the black on the passenger side and tried the driver but gave up this is how it i am doing a full shave/tuck with unknown motor plans for now this is goin to be a long long project

first day

paint removal

its better...

i dont have pics but the whole passenger quater panel was replaced at some time which explains the two tone paint

cleaning the trunk

b18b1

Ive got pics of the new interior believe it or not these are the seats and carpet that came in the car everything else i basically had to find

i finally got the headlights working they did not work and the fogs were wired straight to the battery

so the car needed so many part i bought this shell for 300$

so i got the motor out its so dirty, got most of the paint off the valve cover since i absolutely hate splatter paint also got the dash out starting the tuck tonight

firewall

stupid giant hole i have to fix from previous owner

the gas tank is out because it leaked between the the seam so i got this
and undercoated it

shave started

picked up this for it

got the rtas, knuckles, front lcas, and crossmember powder coated. also got four brand new calipers that are powder coated red

rebuilt and diy black house the headlights

truck bed lined the wheel wells waiting to get finished cleaning the underbody to completely line it in Herculiner

just ordered a whole bunch of parts from acura wil hopefully have them in the next week or two

Prozon

Kris
Just remember, if you're planning to completely rebuild that car- well, don't expect to ever get your money back. I've got so much money into my DA9 that i'm forced to drive it until I die. Lol.

2000hondaex

im fully aware i just want a da bc noone around me has one and if they do its a straight pile. i know this is a huge investment il never get returned to me and im ok with it

2000hondaex

i will update as much as possible

heres where i started sanding the quarter and cutting the rust/filler piece off

rust cut out

the filler piece was welded to the quarter

couldnt get good pics of how much bondo was used it was more than a 1/4in

Prozon

Kris
Haha, I hate when people use Bondo. It's not a bad product if you can follow the instructions on the can, but everybody seems to miss that.

Good luck with the car, personally I love them- I will keep reading your updates as you go.

2000hondaex

yea i absolutely love these cars. i hate bondo unless its used for final prep before primer to fill little dents/nicks but not to raise the sheet metal a 1/4in

and just so you guys know i am staying white with this

Detman101

Da9 newbie
Awesome, I wish my teggy was white.
A lot of people don't like white cause it gets dingy after a while, but i love it. I'd rather the dust and dirt not show up as much but be a lil dingy than every frickin spot of dust show on a black car.

Yes, my teg is black. And not flat black like I wish it was...shiny (mostly) black.

Dm of mD

2000hondaex

Yea i wanna go some sort of stock white i don't know which one though I've been looking a lot.
been thinking of some sort of pearl white

i love white g2s. and jasper green

speaking of black cars here's the daily

i just love this pic

both bumpers are repainted now

Exige24

Awesome, I wish my teggy was white.
A lot of people don't like white cause it gets dingy after a while, but i love it. I'd rather the dust and dirt not show up as much but be a lil dingy than every frickin spot of dust show on a black car.

Yes, my teg is black. And not flat black like I wish it was...shiny (mostly) black.

Dm of mD
Really? I freaking loooooove my black. Straight mirror shiny, not a flaw to be found on it black.
lol The only black there should ever be.

Also to the OP: You look like you have a contender on your hands. Great job so far and good luck. Keep this updated pleeease. :thumbs up

Last edited: