Newb on CI...Dreamin of a GSR...

lanojp1

Whats up club integra, im new here but i frequent Club Civic daily being that i drive a 1998 EX. Recently I started a turbo project for the EX, but my interest in this cypress green coupe has diminished so I decided to put her up for sale and put my turbo parts else where. At first I wanted to stay in the civic family by getting a 2000 Si, but after looking around I decided that a GSR may be the way to go.

Couple questions, are any years of the GSR any better than others? Ive heard that the 94-95 pulls harder than the others? Truth or myth? Any year that is superior to the others?

My turbo setup will be as follows,

Garret t3/t04e 48/57 trim
JohnnyRaceCar FMIC
Turbonetics Evolution 35mm External Wastegate
TurboXS RFL BOV
TurboXS MBC
Custom 2.5 inch Charge and Intercooler piping
Steel braided Oil feed and return lines, drain flange
Lovefab Shorty Manifold
Hondata s200 w/ boost, OBD1 conversion harness, havent decided on what ECU to chip
Autometer Boost and A/F Gauge
HKS Type One Timer
DSM 450cc injectors w/ DSM fuel pump

and whatever else i cant remember, may be subject to some changes here and there...

Also, what ECU is used in ODB1 GSR's, or what ECU do people chip for things like hondata. I was going to run p28 on the b16.

See you around the boards...

B16aTeggy

first welcome

2nd my friend has a 95 GSR.. has a short ram intake, DC header 4-1.. hes runing low 15s..... but we slaped his car so his cambers are total fucked... im sure if u didnt lower it like we did u could pull low 14s easy

lanojp1

Originally posted by "B16aTeggy"

first welcome

2nd my friend has a 95 GSR.. has a short ram intake, DC header 4-1.. hes runing low 15s..... but we slaped his car so his cambers are total fucked... im sure if u didnt lower it like we did u could pull low 14s easy
yea ill be lowering my car most likely on a set of tein full coilovers or skunk2 coil overs with koni yellows, havent decided yet. I have a full SPC camber kit tho, so camber is not a problem...sounds like ur buddy needs an alignment

B16aTeggy

ya we know how to fix it and he had the parts..

iv never put a camber kit on before.. sooo..

lanojp1

Originally posted by "B16aTeggy"

ya we know how to fix it and he had the parts..

iv never put a camber kit on before.. sooo..
the front is probably a ball joint, u just press out the old one and put the new one onto the A arm, and the back is just a control arm that bolts to the fender well, easy shit....

B16aTeggy

ya sounds easy... lol but when u never seen one ... not so easy and its not my car.. i didnt want to fuck it up even more

Baldy201

Welcome. That is a myth about the 94-95 pulling harder. Also if i am not mistaken P72 is the GSR OBD number. All GSR's are the same except for the 96-00 have OBD2 and the 98-00 have a diffrent front and rear, and that is it.

DownShift96GSR

With the exception of the ODB and the bumpers the 94-01 GSRs are the same. the 92-93 GSR on the other hand is different. Why? Cuz its a 1.7 and its a G2. It really doesn't matter what year you get in the G3 era cuz since you're doing the hondata s200 chip, it's gonna end up OBD1 in the end. I say just stick with the p72 ecu, I don't really understand why people use p28 on GSRs anyway. Anyone care to explain that? Good luck on your project and welcome to the site.