Newbie in Md

97tegkid

Well i have been trying to get get this car inspected for my girl as we have a kid on the way and needed a 4 door car.

After thursday night at about 10 from completing the rack and pinion install, axle boot replacement, and getting everything put back together got it inspected today. I now need front lower control arms and some misc. stuff.

I will check the ecu soon as i get the chance. If it is chipped would that be what cause the problems of low idle with a/c

Cripton805

Well i have been trying to get get this car inspected for my girl as we have a kid on the way and needed a 4 door car.

After thursday night at about 10 from completing the rack and pinion install, axle boot replacement, and getting everything put back together got it inspected today. I now need front lower control arms and some misc. stuff.

I will check the ecu soon as i get the chance. If it is chipped would that be what cause the problems of low idle with a/c
It could be you have the wrong ECU to begin with...

thenoxus1

Quick-Spool Racing LLC
Good luck, I'm not far from Hunt Valley, also a parts dealer, so if you ever buy anything from me..I'll come help you put it on!

thenoxus1

Quick-Spool Racing LLC
Also- Have you been up underneath the car? Any cracks/rust on the exhaust manifold or downpipes of the exhaust? THose can cause a lack of back pressure and a bit of a misfire and very low idles.

97tegkid

Car has a basically stock looking sized exhaust all the way back to a 4 inch muffler. Not my idea i bought it like that. Once i get the money im gonna get a header, new cat., and exhaust but right now i just need to get it running good.

Everything on the exhaust has been welded together though. As in there are no clamps or brackets anywhere on it nesides the exhaust hangers.

What ecu should i be running with the car? im going to check it now

Last edited:

97tegkid

Car is running a P72 Ecu. Its a B16a Pr3 Head numbers. Is there a certain ecu i should be running?

phatintegra

Banned
P72 (GSR) has a secondary butter fly on the Intake Manifold. If it has the B16 you will need a P30 (Civic) due to a single butter fly.

97tegkid

Well the P72 is chipped i took a look at it today. Should i still go and try to find a P30 ecu?

Also is there anyone in maryland who knows wiring very good and could either answer some questions or come take a look at my car

thenoxus1

Quick-Spool Racing LLC
Did you clean the IACV? And you did a tuneup right? I might be able to next weekend if we haven't resolved it before then.

97tegkid

IACV been cleaned. Tune up was done correctly. Plugs, wires, cap and rotor.

I wont be here next weekend but im open to any solutions on getting it fixed and running correctly

97tegkid

Just did a compression test. Read 160 every cylinder.

When Spark plug 1 was pulled (next to distributer) there was oil on that one. All other were dry

Idle is still very bouncy with a/c on. Should i just try switching ecu's? Or is it the IACV

thenoxus1

Quick-Spool Racing LLC
Just did a compression test. Read 160 every cylinder.

When Spark plug 1 was pulled (next to distributer) there was oil on that one. All other were dry

Idle is still very bouncy with a/c on. Should i just try switching ecu's? Or is it the IACV
Possibly an IACV. Have you checked all your vacuum lines for leaks?

97tegkid

Honestly whoever put this motor in i dont think they have a clue what they were doing because alot of wires were left just hanging, and vaccum lines seem like they are hooked up wrong.

If anyone has anything showing were all vaccum lines should go that would be awesome.

thenoxus1

Quick-Spool Racing LLC
I'll see what I can find, or if anything goods in my Haynes manual. I'm leaving for vaca in a week, maybe I can stop by and help