newbie needs help..plzz

valentin530

Well today just as I was going to drive to school my car started making this weird noise as I stepped in the clutch pedal. I ignored it I drove not even a mile untill I saw a lot of nasty smelly smoke comming out the hood so I stopped and turned of the car.I tried starting it again and the same and there was the noise when I stepped on the clutch again. so I just desided to push the car home since I wasn't that far and now I'm in school wondering what might be wrong with it..btw is a .1996 acura integra..and there was a lot of smoke..any suggestions?? Thanks hope to here from someone soon.

reg_lus

you said top of tranmission...burnt clutch guarantee..

valentin530

Yes bro..it was coming out from the top of the tranny..whenever I stepped on the clutch without putting it in gear it would make a noise..so do you guys think the problem is the clutch..how much would it cost me..what clutch do u guys recommend??

valentin530

That or clutch, either can be figure out by pulling the transmission
I will have to take it to shop I don't know anything about cars..I don't think its the tranny though..because if it was the car would start up..when I try starting it up it won't start its just like if it didn't have any clutch..any other suggestions