Next car, within reason. I think I know what I want.

DonJulio

Reppin' tha NW
1st gen TSX 04-08

K24a2 205hp 6 speed. 4 doors.

I have 2 kids and I can snatch one of these up for around 8k

I've contemplated with a rsx type s, ep3 and bb prelude.

None of them really compare and all go for around the same price or cheaper.

The 2nd best choice would be the type s, but 2nd gear grinding/popping on used high mileage models deter me. I can always grab another trans but If I'm gonna spend 8k the car had to be reliable for atleast 3 years of abuse aslong as it's maintained.

The 3rd choice was obliviously the bb prelude, because of the power and price for around 4-6k, but that defeats the purpose of not having a k series. I can easily obtain kpro and maximize the engines effiecency.

And lastly the ep3. K20a3, either 5 or 6 speed but this engine is an underdog. Doesn't rev nearly as high and is inferior to all other k series with only I vtec on one cam. Though it can be franked to run vtec killer internals and whoop put 200whp with a tune. Having a powerband only at 4500+ rpms doesn't sound reasonable.

OfC if I had 12k+ I would go for a TL type s with a 6 speed but with 4k invested in the tsx I would easily outrun a stock TL.

Looks like my db7 and ef sedan projects are getting tossed in 2015. Could always keep the ef civic though, if I wreck the tsx you all know where the drivetrains going lol.

zack11122

In my experience I've never seen a clean for with over 110k. They all rust to shit. Fairly fast. May just be ny.

Accel.speed

basically, i like fast!
You need to buy yourself a Chevy Silverado because Ford owners suck dick.
[YOUTUBE="Chevy Silverado"]UfHtcUZXljw#[/YOUTUBE]

:lol: I hate ford.

Buy the TSX or get a TL type S (my next car).

MiketheDyke

My job is clean toilets
I vote for the tl type s. It's heavy, but it's pretty fast and it looks way better IMO.

And my dad has a '91 Chevy pickup truck. It has over 200k miles and it survived a huge flood; 5 feet of salt water. It's still running lol. Just the horn doesn't work anymore after the flood. That is a well built truck.

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
In my experience I've never seen a clean for with over 110k. They all rust to s***. Fairly fast. May just be ny.
That's funny because Chevys have always been notorious for rusting. Fords always hold up incredibly well.

You need to buy yourself a Chevy Silverado because Ford owners suck dick.
[YOUTUBE="Chevy Silverado"]UfHtcUZXljw#[/YOUTUBE]

:lol: I hate ford.

Buy the TSX or get a TL type S (my next car).
That's pretty fucking funny, but I don't know about infinity. My 84 Blazer with its shitty V6 had around 400k on it when it finally blew a head gasket, too bad the piece of shit was rusting off the frame. Personally that thing could have ran for 1,000,000 miles, it was still a slow underpowered piece of crap that never wanted to engage 4wd. :D

OP get the TSX. I can't believe you have two kids and you're even thinking about stuffing them in the back of those cramped pieces of shit. For fucks sake at least think of their safety; a god damn squirrel could run in the back of those other cars and they'd be smashed to death.

DonJulio

Reppin' tha NW
Haha it's my dd and kids won't be it in often. Mainly my for work and slamming the hammer.

Tsx is my best choice, I like the TLs looks and especially rear end but I can't push myself to buy a v6.

Too much work to add power adders. I do plan to turbo the tsx when the funds become available.

I like the ease of working on and availability of the parts on 4bangers. The j series isn't new but the parts for something like turbo or superchargers cost an arm and a leg.

I might aswell get a v8 if I'm going to venture into anything past 4 cylinders.

As for ford vs chevy, id rather have their pony cars vs their trucks.

If I was to get a truck itd have to be a dodge srt10, just saying.

Nick_C78

I just tracked a tl type s this week ironically, on Tuesday. It was the auto version and even it would break the wheels looks like nothing.. never drove such a fun auto in my life. It handled well at the track too...but I melted the oem brake pads...oops? I would def buy one as a daily, even if its auto.

Last edited: